F6B Exhaust Suggestions....... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B Exhaust Suggestions.......

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I told ya he doesn't sleep!! LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I told ya he doesn't sleep!! LMAO!!!
    Scotrod...funny you say that...as the plan for the first 36 hours of my ride out to Franklin, NC. is to leave here at 8:00 am tomorrow morning, and to ride for the next 36 hours, to stop someplace in Eastern Kansas, on Tuesday evening.

Need Pontoons

Yup, I did that one time in 1984 , long haul 23 hours straight through to get back for work. At my last gas stop I pulled in and didn't put my feet down. SMASH! Right over like a beached whale. I was late for work the next day but at least I'm still around to remember the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Scotrod...funny you say that...as the plan for the first 36 hours of my ride out to Franklin, NC. is to leave here at 8:00 am tomorrow morning, and to ride for the next 36 hours, to stop someplace in Eastern Kansas, on Tuesday evening.
    You're a better man than me, Miles!!!
    Might have done stuff like that in my earlier years,,, maybe, but I've become 'too domesticated' since then!! LOL!!!

Ah...Larry, the F6B Rally starts this coming Thursday, August 29th, and ends the following Monday, Sept. 2nd.

I am leaving the Seattle, WA. area tomorrow morning, at 8:00 am, and riding out to North Carolina. If you want me to swing down to the dust bowl of Phoenix, and pick you up, you better start packing right now, and be prepared to leave your house at 6:00 am on Tuesday. It is a one day ride from my house to your house, about 1450 miles, and it is a two day ride from your house to the Rally in Franklin, NC., about 1800 miles.

Are you ready ?
    LMAO!!! I ain't gonna make it man. That's kinda short notice. Gotta work. Thanks for the invite though.

...I went ahead and drilled my exhaust, and...it came out TOO loud. The drone going down the road was hard on my already deaf ears.
    So....I have now plugged a couple holes on each side...with Brass Plugs...the holes were 3/4 inch holes. It sounds better now,
    I drilled 3- 1'holes and sounds real good and very happy with the rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by legnor View Post
    Hi guys and gals. This is my first venture into the "wing" motorcycles. I have ridden vtwins my whole life. I love my F6B but I am having a very hard time finding an exhaust kit whether it be a full systme or just slip ons that will give me that loud, deep rumble. I'm looking for some "pi@@ off the neighbors" pipes. I have searched googlel videos for 2 hours and cannot find anything that I like. It seems to me that all wing exhaust products are made to be somewhat quiet. That's not what I want. I want to be able to set off car alarms when I ride through the parking lot. Any suggestions would be very helpful. And if you could include a link to a vid or a vid yourself that would really make my day. I look forward to hearing back from some of you. Thanks in advance!!
    So, call Jimmy @ Torque Master and tell him you want a set of pipes that require hearing protection. I bet you can call Cobra and ask for the same.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

exhaust pipes

I took my mufflers completely off and ran it that way.
    Its still not very loud !
    I drilled 5 half inch holes in the back of my mufflers then gutted the tips.
    I'm pretty happy with that. Sounds like a Porsche!

If someone is looking for that "Harley" sound, you're never going to get it with the overlap of six smaller cylinders, coming out of two exhaust valves, into a much longer exhaust system.

Yeah, it will sound like a Porsche
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Am I the only one who thinks a 24 valve wing would be ~fun~?