New Goldwing ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Goldwing ?

New Wing Fork

Actually resembles the much older "Earles" type fork. Telelever and Duolever are the the more recent iterations of their "anti-dive" forks. The Earles fork (a leading link design) has rigid fork tubes that curve to the rear of the wheel, with a pivot at the end supporting a horizontal fork element holding the wheel and the spring/shock element which is then connected to the top of the fork tube. The Rune (and other older bikes) have used a similar design but in a "trailing link" configuration.

The Telelever has ball joints at the top where the fork tubes connect to the upper "triple tree", and then the a horizontal arm from the top of the sliding fork component that goes rearward to a pivot way back on the motor/frame. Their much touted "Duolever" is a takeoff from the "girder" type fork used on several makes including Indian, Vincent and Arial models." BMW's design refines the girder fork by separating the steering forces from the suspension forces (according to their marketing information).

Don't mix up the two photos guys...........

The original magazine photo that vmaxed posted is NOT the same as the unsub posted !!!!!!!

The picture of the Wing with the leading link front suspension was a photo shopped picture that was in Rider magazine months ago of what Honda had patent on. Not to say it isn't going to be on a wing, just that it doesn't seem to be on the wing on the cover of the Japanese Magazine in the original post.

Look closer at the Wing in the Blue Circle in the first post and you see what looks to be the same front suspension we already have.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    The original magazine photo that vmaxed posted is NOT the same as the unsub posted !!!!!!!

Look closer at the Wing in the Blue Circle in the first post and you see what looks to be the same front suspension we already have.
    Attachment 20087

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post

The picture of the Wing with the leading link front suspension was a photo shopped picture that was in Rider magazine months ago of what Honda had patent on. Not to say it isn't going to be on a wing, just that it doesn't seem to be on the wing on the cover of the Japanese Magazine in the original post.

Good point. At first glance in the picture I posted it seemed to me that whoever did the render striped away the body work to reveal what the mechanics would look like underneath. Clearly I didn't do any research and just grabbed the 1st clear pic I came across.

Maybe there is someone in the know around here that can post a genuine picture?

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    It looks revolting.

Attachment 20061
    WTF?