Rear brake "thud" since recall work performed - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Rear brake "thud" since recall work performed

I'm a little confused here guys. The brake recall ,as I understand it is to replace a piece in the back and another on the front(sorry I cant think of what they are called).
    I was shown these parts when I had mine done and neither of them were part of the rear brake pads or calipers.
    Then the fluid is drained and replaced.
    Are we thinking a part of the rear brake is loose or out of place? Am I mistaken in thinking that none of that should have been touched?

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    I'm a little confused here guys. The brake recall ,as I understand it is to replace a piece in the back and another on the front(sorry I cant think of what they are called).
    I was shown these parts when I had mine done and neither of them were part of the rear brake pads or calipers.
    Then the fluid is drained and replaced.
    Are we thinking a part of the rear brake is loose or out of place? Am I mistaken in thinking that none of that should have been touched?
    Only thing that they are going to touch on the calipers is the bleed fittings, when they bleed the old brake fluid out and replace with new fluid.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

So Roseville Honda has had my 2015 deluxe for almost 2 weeks and now are trying to tell me the thud sound and the pulsing brake is normal and Honda wont cover it and they wont even replace the secondary master cylinder again and basiccally are telling me thats the way it is...I told them ive been riding over 40 years and never owned a bike with brakes that pulse and cause vibration...He said he is doing another recall tomorrow and will test to see if the new one pulses and will call Honda to try to get it covered again...I hate when someone tries to convince you that some that is wrong is right...SMH
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]