What is your Favorite Helmet on your F6B?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is your Favorite Helmet on your F6B?

What is your Favorite Helmet on your F6B?

At the risk of a repeated thread, (I DID try to search one out, but didn't find one like this... If there IS one, please point me to it?)

I WILL be recipient of a NEW 2015 F6B Deluxe in a couple of weeks.
    I CHOOSE to wear a helmet 99% of the time when I ride.

My question to folks is what is your helmet of choice? ESPECIALLY if you happen to have the KW windshield.

Features I look for in a full-face modular helmet is the drop-down sunshade and VENTING! Add to that nose & chin shields, some form of anti-fog, and quick release strap as well. I am thinking Hi-Viz or white this time around.

So any recommendations or even things to avoid?

Thanks a bunch!
    (I currently have a ZOX (Not sure of the model number at the moment) that I like, however it just doesn't vent well.

Joel S.

Shoei Neotech

I always wear a modular helmet. I've been wearing a Symax III by HJC for several years, although I'm looking into a Shoei modular for my next one. I swap them out every few years.

shooter
    Shoe I Neotec. I have 3 of them. Comfortable and cool.

I love my Shoei GT-Air, has all the features you are looking for. I am also running a KW shield on my 15 matte gray. You can add a quick release yourself.

I have the Lazer Monaco modular carbon helmet with the Lumino Visor. It's very light weight at approximately 3.1 lbs.

The visor changes from clear to dark in the sun light. A pretty cool feature.

I purchased it from RevZilla a few years ago, but it looks to be discontinued. So there may be a new and improved model somewhere.

Kabuto Ibuki from Revzilla...best helmet I've ever worn
    Ken (Hornblower)

I have two and here's my story since you're asking.

I wear one 100%, and was full face wearer 100% until this bike, a 2015. I bought a Shoie RS1200 for it. Right away, had a harmonic hum that I thought was in the bike, only at certain RPM's. Drove me crazy and still does. I went and bought a Bell Pit Boss half helmet and the hum disappeared. I now only wear the full face in the winter, on the interstates, and for bad weather. The Bell will be for summer and cruising. The Bell doesn't try to lift at all, and I love it. I have a Klockwerks as you can see.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Shoei Neotec.

I wear a helmet 100% of the time. I am attempting to wear at least a 3/4 helmet for better safety.
    Obviously a 1/2 helmet is the most free feeling and comfortable if the weather is nice but is not going to do much for you in an accident.
    I just bought two new helmets right after Christmas.
    My current favorite good weather: Scorpion EXO-CT220
    (very nice open near 1/2 helmet feel / It can be worn with or without the full shield / I wear without most of the time)

My current favorite night or bad weather: Schuberth C3
    (These are very expensive top of the line helmets $600.00 + / I got on sale for $300.00 / fantastic helmet)
    I also own a Bell Pit Bull helmet
    (it is ok / I need to wear it more without the zip on skirt / I had used it with the skirt and Sena speakers and I did not like the skirt)
    My previous helmet was the Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer (Modular)
    (I loved this helmet and would have bought another but the Schuberth came on sale right before I pulled the trigger)

I hope this helped you.
    Steve