What is your Favorite Helmet on your F6B? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is your Favorite Helmet on your F6B?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Kabuto Ibuki from Revzilla...best helmet I've ever worn
    I was looking at that Helmet today on Revzilla... 20 percent off too I think at this time.

Are you using any sort of Bluetooth/comm's device within it?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I wear a helmet 100% of the time. I am attempting to wear at least a 3/4 helmet for better safety.
    Obviously a 1/2 helmet is the most free feeling and comfortable if the weather is nice but is not going to do much for you in an accident.
    I just bought two new helmets right after Christmas.
    My current favorite good weather: Scorpion EXO-CT220
    (very nice open near 1/2 helmet feel / It can be worn with or without the full shield / I wear without most of the time)

My current favorite night or bad weather: Schuberth C3
    (These are very expensive top of the line helmets $600.00 + / I got on sale for $300.00 / fantastic helmet)
    I also own a Bell Pit Bull helmet
    (it is ok / I need to wear it more without the zip on skirt / I had used it with the skirt and Sena speakers and I did not like the skirt)
    My previous helmet was the Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer (Modular)
    (I loved this helmet and would have bought another but the Schuberth came on sale right before I pulled the trigger)

I hope this helped you.
    Steve

I also bought the Scorpion, rode about 5 rides on it and parked it in a closet.... My go to helmet is also the Schubert C-3 Pro with a Sena 20s attached!

There is not a better helmet made !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I will most likely start wearing a helmet this year. I bought a Shoei Multitec, only because I got it at a steal of a price.

Buy the one that fits your head comfort
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Shoei J-Cruise on colder days and on longer trips on highway...HJC open face for shorter trips and warmer weather...Do get a little more "drone" noise with the Shoei face shield closed, mainly due to the Baggershield and Cobra 6-2-6 pipes....

Favorite helmet

I always wear a full face or modular helmet, they offer the maximum protection. I have a Shoei Neotek and a G-max with the built in light on the back. The Shoei is definitely one of the best helmets made. It has less wind noise and is lighter than most. It is pricey but you get what you pay for.

When it is all said the main thing is protection. I have been known to fall off and I want the maximum chance of surviving with as little injury as possible. In the end it is all about your tolerance for risk.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I was looking at that Helmet today on Revzilla... 20 percent off too I think at this time.

Are you using any sort of Bluetooth/comm's device within it?
    Yes, the Sena 20S. It fits in nicely with great ear pockets for the speakers.

After owning many helmets including Shoei and Arai, this one is my favorite. It has all the features I'm looking for...comfort, ventilation, quality, quick release buckle, low weight, low noise, excellent optics including pin lock, internal sunshade, Coolmax lining, intermediate oval shape, and maybe some other features that aren't coming to mind quickly. I see these helmets on closeout so I guess the word just didn't really get out about this previously unheard of brand. It's a shame really because, at the discounts I'm now seeing, this is a great value.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Yes, the Sena 20S. It fits in nicely with great ear pockets for the speakers.

After owning many helmets including Shoei and Arai, this one is my favorite. It has all the features I'm looking for...comfort, ventilation, quality, quick release buckle, low weight, low noise, excellent optics including pin lock, internal sunshade, Coolmax lining, intermediate oval shape, and maybe some other features that aren't coming to mind quickly. I see these helmets on closeout so I guess the word just didn't really get out about this previously unheard of brand. It's a shame really because, at the discounts I'm now seeing, this is a great value.
    Thanks for that. One of the reviews on Revzilla say that the modular release interferes with a boom mike (since the release is on the left side) that is why I asked what you were using.

I saw another vendor whom is currently selling them for $248.00 w/free shipping. I need to do another measurement of my head first... It's been awhile since I have bought a helmet and have forgotten my actual head circumference

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Thanks for that. One of the reviews on Revzilla say that the modular release interferes with a boom mike (since the release is on the left side) that is why I asked what you were using.

I saw another vendor whom is currently selling them for $248.00 w/free shipping. I need to do another measurement of my head first... It's been awhile since I have bought a helmet and have forgotten my actual head circumference
    The modular release does interfere somewhat but it doesn't bother me too much. When closing the front, I do have to make sure the boom mic hasn't been pushed out of the way. This isn't a big deal to me.

Wow, getting this quality helmet for $248 is unbelievable, IMO. I paid $450 in Oct. 2015.

On sizing, I did find the size to be comparable to my Arai, i.e. large in one is similar to large in the other. Maybe that will help you with choosing the right size.
    Ken (Hornblower)

The modular release does interfere somewhat but it doesn't bother me too much. When closing the front, I do have to make sure the boom mic hasn't been pushed out of the way. This isn't a big deal to me.

Wow, getting this quality helmet for $248 is unbelievable, IMO. I paid $450 in Oct. 2015.

On sizing, I did find the size to be comparable to my Arai, i.e. large in one is similar to large in the other. Maybe that will help you with choosing the right size.

I don't think any of our board sponsors have these... so if I may; here's the super saver.

https://www.2wheel.com/kabuto-ibuki-...rp_100563.html

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537