Best Recurve Windshield?????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Recurve Windshield?????

Best Recurve Windshield?????

Im not 100% happy with my windshield which is a tall shield with no vent off of a regular wing i think. I would like something with a recurve in it because i prefer to look right over the shield. I would also like a vent in the shield. I was really looking into the taka long view shields Any reviews or suggestions?

http://www.longrideshieIds.com/default.asp

http://www.clearviewshields.com/moto...l1800-shields/

those were the only 2 I could find. I know they have the klock works, which I had on my last bike, but I wasnt in love with the buffeting at all especially for the price so I wont be purchasing another one. Oh, and although im sure the windbender and the madstad are great, and I totally understand why some would buy them and the technology behind them, they are waaaaay too ugly for my taste lol no offense to the guys that have them but I couldn't do it even if someone gave it to me for free lol.

Grant

Grant, I have a 15" Clearview Light Smoke tint with the vent and I am happy with it.

shooter
    I have a Clearview that I like. Its a little short for me but it does a good job. Looks good on the bike also.

Quote Originally Posted by blueverclear View Post
    ... Oh, and although im sure the windbender and the madstad are great, and I totally understand why some would buy them and the technology behind them, they are waaaaay too ugly for my taste ...
    Hey there Mr. Fashionista, check out the vented VStreams from National Cycle. They seem to get good reviews.

HTH

http://wingstuff.com/products/24215-...eld-for-gl1800

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Grant, I have a 15" Clearview Light Smoke tint with the vent and I am happy with it.
    Great shied...long wait!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Best recurve windshield

As I mentioned in a previous thread I have a Windbender and I am very satisfied with it. I have the dark smoke windshield and I look over it. I have no problem with wind buffeting and ride with it the lowest setting. They are a little pricey but I feel they are worth the money. This is the second bike I have had one on. The previous bike was a GL1800.

Clearview

I have a 15" Clearview Light Smoke tint with the vent

I like it so much I put one on my Wing

2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

I have a 16" clearview dark tint of which I like the looks and the performance. Though, I wish that they had offered a 17".

I have no vent because of several reasons. I am not impressed with the air flow from a vent on my other shield. Didn't like great big bugs splattering through it. It is a smooth cleaner look without it. And the baker air wings give me all the air I could want.

Attachment 20175Attachment 20176
    Albuquerque, NM

Clearview- I got the vent, cuz here in Florida Baker Wings aren't enough! Looking over is a non issue.

windscreen 2.jpg Windshield.jpg 902648.jpg
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

5'11" 31 inch inseam (long body) so my big head is pretty high up. I also wear a helmet 100% of the time. I too have been looking, and these are my findings.

I bought the bike with 12053 miles on it. I just hit 18000 as I rolled it in to my garage on Friday night after riding home from work. All this time, it had the Klock Werks 11" Recurve (no-vent) windshield on it.

1. It's a great looking windshield (opinion). Mine is dark tinted.
    2. The re-curve on it is what I would consider the sweet spot for curvature. It puts the flow of air around the rider at a decent path all the way around the shield. While the shield itself tended to get a lot of bug traffic on it, not once did I ever get hit by a bug in the last 5947 miles. This tells me that the air sweep is pretty ideal. I never had to clean my helmet or its screen.
    3. It's fine for two-lane riding at 60 mph or slower...40-45 being pretty optimal. You can hear the radio, even at higher speeds but at a cost to sanity.
    4. I would not recommend it for super-slab cruising above 60mph for anyone taller than 5'7" (which is what I craned my back and neck to in order to get out of the wind). Yes, I did ask my wife to measure me in squat mode. I think the buffeting of the head is way to much...like eyeball rattling bad. My one time on the 85mph tollway here was my last with this windshield. Bobblehead in hell.
    5. Cost (opinion) is a little on the high side.

I just installed the Clearview windshield 16" dark with recurve and vent. I ordered it March 22nd, just received it April 8th, so nearly 3 weeks. This weekend I was able to put 580 miles on the bike and got a fairly decent spread of super-slab, four-lane, two-lane and county road riding in, plus the tollway.

1. Another good looking windshield, albeit taller than the Klock model. Between the two, I like the look of the Klock Werks unit.
    My initial fit testing went well, but I wasn't able to stretch her out on Friday evening before I completed the install after removing the protective plastic sheets.
    2. The re-curve on this one has me baffled a little. I still look over the windscreen by a decent amount (easily within the 50ft ground mark) at it's highest setting (this one is adjustable...which is nice). The shield gets alot of bug traffic that not only hits it, but spatters the little suckers. One could harken this to the size, but there is more. Unlike the Klock Werks...I've been getting hit by bugs on the helmet screen and above, and not just a couple of times, but a lot. It's almost annoying how much because I spend just as much time cleaning the helmet as I do the windshield. Klock Werks re-curve wins here in my opinion.
    3. I had no problem with wind buffeting up to 85mph (yes, there is still some but as the wind sweep is just at the forehead level, it's no where near that of the Klock Werks. Radio comes in nicely as high as I wanted to go.
    4. No squat required, although I did do so to find that it makes a nice pocket of nearly clean air hunched down a tad.* (* a tad is a distance between "not enough" and "to the point of being goofy") I would say the buffeting on the head, in my case, is likened to a gentle tap of a bobblehead...yeah, its there, but your eyeballs aren't going to want to be on vacation elsewhere.
    5. Cost (opinion) is decent for the size.

I may look into the V-stream next. I had one on a previous bike (M109) and it really did a good job of pushing the air out and around me. Much better pocket than I had thought it would give and holy hell they aren't kidding about the physical protection either. It didn't have a vent, but the price is really nice at over $100 less than the others...and it does have a slight curvature to it, it's just slightly different.. Seeing others post about higher speeds and some screen buffeting doesn't bother me...it's not a framed windshield. I expect it to take the brunt of force and handle it. It looks like the one for the F6B is nice and wide, has the vent available and is still well priced.

Just thought I would share my experience with the models I have with the common point being the recurvature. BTW, that Taka-S screen looks to have a similar upper curve to a Klock model.