Best Recurve Windshield????? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Recurve Windshield?????

Re-Curve

Grant I replaced my Honda tall (cut down to 15) with the 14 LRS Taka dark tint
    The wind goes over the top of my helmet and I like the wind management
    no problem looking over the shield.

Be safe
    Glide

Quote Originally Posted by glide one View Post
    Grant I replaced my Honda tall (cut down to 15) with the 14 LRS Taka dark tint
    The wind goes over the top of my helmet and I like the wind management
    no problem looking over the shield.

Be safe
    Glide
    Thanks Jim. I will be going to the Thunder Beach Rally In panama city in a couple weeks maybe we can meet up and I can reexamine your shield and grab some lunch! I will be in touch buddy!

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    .......With how measured Clearview is with their windshield creation process, you may be able to call them back Monday and ask them to change your order to a "large"....

Another thing I am wondering about: Why I paid nearly $60 for priority shipping only to find out they intend to schlep it off to <$18 USPS Priority Mail. (not to mention that, with the habits of my local postal office...that's a sketchy crap shoot at best.)

As for changing my order.....I got an email bright and early this AM (Monday morn) saying thanks for your money and they are presently running a 10-14 day timetable. And then this afternoon the order status now says 'completed'. Not sure at all what that is supposed to mean.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Another thing I am wondering about: Why I paid nearly $60 for priority shipping only to find out they intend to schlep it off to <$18 USPS Priority Mail. (not to mention that, with the habits of my local postal office...that's a sketchy crap shoot at best.)

As for changing my order.....I got an email bright and early this AM (Monday morn) saying thanks for your money and they are presently running a 10-14 day timetable. And then this afternoon the order status now says 'completed'. Not sure at all what that is supposed to mean.

....sT
    They have a interesting way of keeping you apprised with each step of their windshield creation process. "Completed" means that the first step of the process was completed. You'll see more emails coming at you with updates.

Clearview windshields are quality shields. nice and thick. Thicker than the V stream windshield I ordered and received for the colder months; longer trips.

Worth waiting for.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    They have a interesting way of keeping you apprised with each step of their windshield creation process. "Completed" means that the first step of the process was completed. You'll see more emails coming at you with updates.

Oh Gawd!!! I DO hope they don't actually use the phrase 'creation process'. I'll be much happier if they just 'manufacture' me a windscreen instead.

Every time some PC company starts using terms like 'creation process', I get mental pictures of hordes of hipsters sitting around working while telling each other how great it will be when they can quit and just have Bernie give them everything for free.

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Slight deviation ( ) but if you want to see some actual quotes from some business "leaders" try this site:
    http://www.buzzwords4u.co.uk/

"Come - let us go truffling in the Forest of Knowledge."

..and several other beauties.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Slight deviation ( ) but if you want to see some actual quotes from some business "leaders" try this site:
    http://www.buzzwords4u.co.uk/

"Come - let us go truffling in the Forest of Knowledge."

..and several other beauties.
    Man... been checking out that site. If it wasn't so true... it would be funny

Example: Automation fuels margin acceleration, which escalate exponentially by our chosen multipliers

I think I have had past managers stay up late; brushing up their business vernacular with this site

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I think the Naval Supply Corps patented most of those....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce