Handlebars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handlebars

Cool Handlebars

I was wondering it anyone has a late model Valkyrie sitting nearby their F6b to be able to compare stock handlebar differences and if they mount to the triple tree the same way. My F6B is a 2013 model.

I prefer to raise mine alittle, pull them back, but also kick the outsides or the grip position forward, more like a street bike feel and look, but don't want to spent $700-800 to accomplish this. If so, I might try to purchase a Valkyrie bar.

Are you referring to the 1500 or the 1800 Valk? The F6B 1800 bars and mounts are completely different from the 1500. You can go to Partszilla to see what an F6B looks like.
    Edit: Just went and looked. Our F6B is standard Gold Wing bars, 2 piece handle bars. The new 1800 Valk handle bars are round tubing. Top triple tree is entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Are you referring to the 1500 or the 1800 Valk? The F6B 1800 bars and mounts are completely different from the 1500. You can go to Partszilla to see what an F6B looks like.
    Edit: Just went and looked. Our F6B is standard Gold Wing bars, 2 piece handle bars. The new 1800 Valk handle bars are round tubing. Top triple tree is entirely different.
    Yes, I was referring to the late model Valk, 1800cc. Might be hard to tell, but wondering it the Valk bars would mount to the F6B, and how the bar/grip position might be different. Bringing them back alittle, and up alittle will be in the cards no matter what is done, but also kicking the outside of the grips forward is a must too. I got to do something with this stock grip location and position, which to me is kinda like a old pre 60s style adult bicycle handle bar position.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackWing View Post
    Yes, I was referring to the late model Valk, 1800cc. Might be hard to tell, but wondering it the Valk bars would mount to the F6B, and how the bar/grip position might be different. Bringing them back alittle, and up alittle will be in the cards no matter what is done, but also kicking the outside of the grips forward is a must too. I got to do something with this stock grip location and position, which to me is kinda like a old pre 60s style adult bicycle handle bar position.
    The 1800 Valkyrie has more traditional type of handlebars. Not interchangeable.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

WAY TOO much flex,,Way too WIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    The 1800 Valkyrie has more traditional type of handlebars. Not interchangeable.
    You should ride one,,I had to almost LAY-ON the gas tank, to make a TIGHT U-turn.
    Also they have a HUGE Flex to them.

I know they are expensive but Helibars and be done with it! Worth every penny.........
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    I know they are expensive but Helibars and be done with it! Worth every penny.........
    I concur 100%

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by kenny urban View Post
    You should ride one,,I had to almost LAY-ON the gas tank, to make a TIGHT U-turn.
    Also they have a HUGE Flex to them.
    I have rode one.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Thanks. (I not getting these replies via email, don't think I gotten any since I joined the forum) I gonna have to say, and I might seem tite to some, I don't want to spend $900 for to correct what Honda got wrong (for many)... Just saying $900 is hard to come by here at my place, so looking outside the box for a solution, I might try the much cheaper mount adaptors.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackWing View Post
    Thanks. (I not getting these replies via email, don't think I gotten any since I joined the forum) I gonna have to say, and I might seem tite to some, I don't want to spend $900 for to correct what Honda got wrong (for many)... Just saying $900 is hard to come by here at my place, so looking outside the box for a solution, I might try the much cheaper mount adaptors.
    I personally don't think Honda got the handlebar set-up wrong..It has, and does work for hundreds of riders with GW's and F6B's..Some prefer aftermarket options and some don't..Bars are like seats, shields, pipes, oil types etc. Just depends on what makes one happy when riding..Most of the changes made to handlebars are done to accommodate the different heights, arm lengths, and personal preference for individual riders which no manufacturer can do with a "one size fits all" mentality.....Get what works for you and enjoy the ride...The stock bars work just fine for me!!....Ride safe