Handlebars - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handlebars

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I personally don't think Honda got the handlebar set-up wrong..It has, and does work for hundreds of riders with GW's and F6B's..Some prefer aftermarket options and some don't..Bars are like seats, shields, pipes, oil types etc. Just depends on what makes one happy when riding..Most of the changes made to handlebars are done to accommodate the different heights, arm lengths, and personal preference for individual riders which no manufacturer can do with a "one size fits all" mentality.....Get what works for you and enjoy the ride...The stock bars work just fine for me!!....Ride safe
    IMHO, the F6B bars were designed for the average midget riding on the gas tank. The wrist angle is all wrong unless you want carpal tunnel.

Attachment 20362

Yes

I have read nothing but good regarding the Helibars and plan to get a set myself. Seems to me it's like having 20 or 30 different sets of bars to play with till you find the ones that work for you.

I didn't think the OEM bars were bad. Felt pretty good,at the start.
    After the first time I spent more than an hour on the bike, I noticed a soreness/pain in my neck and shoulder areas.
    I wrote it off.
    After a few more times, realizing that my pain was directly related to riding my new F6B, I purchased the Kury risers.

Problem still there, maybe even worse.
    It was either Helibars or I was facing the decision to part with my newly acquired F6B.

I ponied up the $800 for the Helibars and it has been bliss ever since. Not one issue with the pain I was getting from the stock bars.

I do believe it had more to do with the grip angle than anything else. I think the angle of the OEM grips/bars had the muscles in my neck and shoulder tensed up the whole time riding.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Bumping this back up.

I got the dreaded pain across the base of the neck and shoulders when I took the F6B on her maiden voyage to Albuquerque, New Mexico. This is after installing the Kuryakyn risers. Those risers pull the handlebars in some, and that really doesn't feel right. I'm going to swap the risers to the wrong side and see how much that pushes the handlebars out.

I have a feeling that it's going to take a lot of experimentation to get the bars in a position that is comfortable for the long haul.

Thankfully I don't have any negative experiences with the stock handlebar position. For once.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by LPMojo View Post
    Bumping this back up.

I got the dreaded pain across the base of the neck and shoulders when I took the F6B on her maiden voyage to Albuquerque, New Mexico. This is after installing the Kuryakyn risers. Those risers pull the handlebars in some, and that really doesn't feel right. I'm going to swap the risers to the wrong side and see how much that pushes the handlebars out.

I have a feeling that it's going to take a lot of experimentation to get the bars in a position that is comfortable for the long haul.
    I am fortunate that the stock bars work fine for me.From all that has been said about them in the most positive way except maybe for cost it sounds like Helibars are the way to fix your problem.