CORBIN seat article in Cycle World
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CORBIN seat article in Cycle World

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

CORBIN seat article in Cycle World

This is a nice write up on the latest Corbin seat options.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/02...eating-system/

Odd looking thing.

I wouldn't exactly call that a review. It's sounds like it was written by Corbin and sounds more like a sales pitch than anything else.

Beagle

For the few small rides I did with my Corbin so far so good It is a great seat for ME
    Ride it like you stole it

Yeah, I agree. It's a Corbin write up - I think it even says that at the top.

I'd be willing to give this setup a try IF the seat and trunk came in a single piece. But for that price I hate the gap that's left between the pieces. I get that it's there because it's a "modular solution", but I don't like the look OR the feel of a gap in the middle of the seat.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gamersince1976 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. It's a Corbin write up - I think it even says that at the top.
    You are right , I missed the ... Corbin Press Release part

You can't really see the "gap" very much with a black one, and when sitting on it, you can't feel it either.. I don't think anyone's ass is that skinny!

I'm liking mine (the black one in the article). I don't think my back seat will ever go on; I never ride anyone to ever need it. The trunk is just big enough to be very handy without being too big.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    You can't really see the "gap" very much with a black one, and when sitting on it, you can't feel it either.. I don't think anyone's ass is that skinny!

I'm liking mine (the black one in the article). I don't think my back seat will ever go on; I never ride anyone to ever need it. The trunk is just big enough to be very handy without being too big.
    I'm sure it's not that bad - but the "fold" in the bottom of the OEM seat bothered me a lot. It was one of the reasons I got an aftermarket seat. And I'm far from a skinny ass!

At this point I'm too spoiled my the feel of my Rick Mayer seat to switch to any modular design. Though I'd love to somehow incorporate something like the Smuggler's Trunk into my bike to give it that solo seat look.

IMG_0200.jpg

I bought this seat yesterday. Got black leather rider and passenger with no heat and the asphalt textured vinyl on the sides with no welts and the trunk, 1500 bux. Read all about corbin seats being firm, can be as firm as the stock saddle on my flstc, can it? LOL! Can't wait, its gonna be a long six weeks.

I hope it doesn't disappoint you. They are firm, but when fitted properly, are a wonderful seat that will last for many years. All of mine for my bikes were whacked waaay down because I'm so short, but I think they fit great with no "hard spots". This is my fourth seat, all of them Hondas, three are still in residence. I've never had a company work with me so closely before as a regular part of what they do, but I have the occasion of living only 5 hours away from them and it's a great excuse for a scenic ride and a weekend get away.

Disclaimer: everyone's ass is different..
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.