Howdy from DFW - Prospective Owner - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Howdy from DFW - Prospective Owner

Quote Originally Posted by LPMojo View Post
    Hey there,

I'm now in the process of shopping for the best price. My local dealership can only do $19600 + ttl for a 2015 deluxe. I found the same model for $16,380 about 1000 miles away. I'm not opposed to flying in and driving a new bike 15hrs home to save over $3000. Sounds like fun, actually. I found a 2013 standard for $15000 only 2 hours away. I'm trying to decide how important cruise control is to me. That's the only difference between the two bikes that really concerns me. The back rest and black pipes I can do with the extra $$ left over, and I could have the 2013 tomorrow. I have a bike jack, no need for the center stand. So, is cruise control worth about $3000 after travel and ttl?
    Bobby,
    Cruise control was worth finding a 2015 Deluxe model for me. I do a lot of touring on the interstates and major highways and I won't have a big without it. It's not easy to add if you get the earlier model. All the other options you described above come with the Deluxe package. The center stand is fantastic. Good luck hunting a 215 hour road trip home sounds like a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    I have a 2013 all set up for 12500
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...ll-the-goodies

I'll even pick you up at the airport.
    PM'd

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    FWIW: I kept my 95 Heritage Special. The "Office of Management and Budget" (aka wife) has acquiesced to my keeping two bikes (which is down from 5).
    In all honesty, I don't ride Saorla as much as Isleen, but I like knowing Saorla's there, especially if I am working on Isleen and she's down for more than a few days.
    I'm thinking right now to keep the NT around for a year and see what kind of action it gets. I don't want to wake up one day missing the Harley. I'd rather have it there to jump on if I get the itch. But if it hasn't seen any action in a year, I'll cut it loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    Bobby,
    Cruise control was worth finding a 2015 Deluxe model for me. I do a lot of touring on the interstates and major highways and I won't have a big without it. It's not easy to add if you get the earlier model. All the other options you described above come with the Deluxe package. The center stand is fantastic. Good luck hunting a 215 hour road trip home sounds like a blast.
    Thanks for the input. I don't do a lot of touring. I can see that changing with the purchase of the F6. I know cc would come in handy for the rides I do take to OK, TX panhandle or hill country.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Welcome Bobby.
    We have a few members in the DFW area and I get back there once every few months to visit the parental units - usually riding Isleen.

Best of luck in your search. I've never had cruise control and therefore I don't miss it.
    People who have had it - either HD, BMW, or Wing - seem to be the ones missing it.
    I guess it depends upon your intentions - if you are planning lots of cross country trips in the next 10 years, maybe cruise is a good idea. If not, get some after market mufflers. Even the after market cruise control is available for about $1k if you decide you need it down the road.

There is a slight difference in the transmission in the 2013s. Honda redesigned 4th & 5th gear interfaces for 2014 and up.

New in box 2013s and 14s are out there. Just can be hard to find.

Used ones pop up on this board at least once a quarter.
    Happy hunting!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Thanks for the welcome and info. I didn't know about the redesigned gearing. I test drove a 2013. What does the gear change do?

I waited and bought a 2015 because cruise is important to me. I do a lot of long rides and the cruise makes a huge difference. Western Honda in Scottsdale, Arizona is selling 2015 deluxe's for $1699.00 plus ttl. That is where I bought mine and I had a friend fly in from New Mexico to buy a new Wing from them. They are the cheapest I could find. They are still advertising new 2013 and 2014 f6bs but I think they bring them in from the Calif. Warehouse.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I waited and bought a 2015 because cruise is important to me. I do a lot of long rides and the cruise makes a huge difference. Western Honda in Scottsdale, Arizona is selling 2015 deluxe's for $1699.00 plus ttl. That is where I bought mine and I had a friend fly in from New Mexico to buy a new Wing from them. They are the cheapest I could find. They are still advertising new 2013 and 2014 f6bs but I think they bring them in from the Calif. Warehouse.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum.
    Thanks for the welcome!
    That's where I found the 2015 for $18838 out the door. Then I'd have to pay the difference in TX tax when I got it home. Seems to be the best deal I can find on a 15.
    So right now my options are:
    $12500+ trip and ttl for used 2013
    $16260 for new 2013 close by
    $18838 + trip and tax for 2015

Decisions decisions. 🙂

Hi Bobby.
    I just bought a '15 Deluxe with 2290 miles in Ft. Worth just this past week. Beautiful blue bike....not a scratch on her, had the Madstadt windshield already and an extended warranty for about $16K.
    I picked her up this past Thursday and trailered her home.
    I put 300 miles on the bike yesterday and all I can say is "WOW!!!"
    I've been riding since a little kid, and I've owned many tour bikes in the past, including Harleys, and still own a Gold Wing trike.
    But, I'm gotta tell ya: This F6B is very quickly weaseling it's way into being the best bike I've ever owned....so far.
    The best way I can describe it is: "a Gold Wing engine in a Street or Tour Glide" but even better...LOL.
    Everything you listed as negatives can be remedied. I just ordered a driver's back rest, Ergo II hi-way pegs and some other goodies.
    Once you get the bike fitted to you, it makes a sweet machine into the ultimate machine.
    The Wing/F6B is probably not the easiest bike to work on but after getting familiar with the processes, it's not all that bad.
    Hope you find a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    Hi Bobby.
    I just bought a '15 Deluxe with 2290 miles in Ft. Worth just this past week. Beautiful blue bike....not a scratch on her, had the Madstadt windshield already and an extended warranty for about $16K.
    I picked her up this past Thursday and trailered her home.
    I put 300 miles on the bike yesterday and all I can say is "WOW!!!"
    I've been riding since a little kid, and I've owned many tour bikes in the past, including Harleys, and still own a Gold Wing trike.
    But, I'm gotta tell ya: This F6B is very quickly weaseling it's way into being the best bike I've ever owned....so far.
    The best way I can describe it is: "a Gold Wing engine in a Street or Tour Glide" but even better...LOL.
    Everything you listed as negatives can be remedied. I just ordered a driver's back rest, Ergo II hi-way pegs and some other goodies.
    Once you get the bike fitted to you, it makes a sweet machine into the ultimate machine.
    The Wing/F6B is probably not the easiest bike to work on but after getting familiar with the processes, it's not all that bad.
    Hope you find a good deal.
    Congrats on the new bike! Your review mirrors so many I have read...seasoned riders finding one of the best bikes they've ridden. I think Honda hit a home run, even if there are still some new 2013 models out there.
    So, uh, thanks for buying my bike a week before I knew I wanted it. Where did you get it at? Did you decided to find a 2015 instead of an older one?

Quote Originally Posted by LPMojo View Post
    Congrats on the new bike! Your review mirrors so many I have read...seasoned riders finding one of the best bikes they've ridden. I think Honda hit a home run, even if there are still some new 2013 models out there.
    So, uh, thanks for buying my bike a week before I knew I wanted it. Where did you get it at? Did you decided to find a 2015 instead of an older one?
    Yes Sir. I wanted a '15 Deluxe for the cruise control, passenger backrest, center stand, and better paint. Love that blue.
    I found it in the classifieds right here on this forum about 2 weeks ago.
    It belonged to Pseudo-Fed and we made the deal but I couldn't get up there to pick it up till this past week.
    Personally, IMHO, if you can rustle up a '15 Deluxe, it's the one to get for the above reasons.
    I also looked online and there are 2 dealers in Arkansas that had some brand new '15s for sale fairly reasonable, but ya gotta call em.
    Honda of Russellville was one. The other was Heartland Honda in Springdale, AR.
    Matter of fact, on the Heartland web site they are showing a '15 Deluxe on sale right now.
    I'd call both of em and see what kind of deal they'll cut ya. That is what I was about to do when I stumbled onto Pseudo-Fed's bike.

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    Yes Sir. I wanted a '15 Deluxe for the cruise control, passenger backrest, center stand, and better paint. Love that blue.
    I found it in the classifieds right here on this forum about 2 weeks ago.
    It belonged to Pseudo-Fed and we made the deal but I couldn't get up there to pick it up till this past week.
    Personally, IMHO, if you can rustle up a '15 Deluxe, it's the one to get for the above reasons.
    I also looked online and there are 2 dealers in Arkansas that had some brand new '15s for sale fairly reasonable, but ya gotta call em.
    Honda of Russellville was one. The other was Heartland Honda in Springdale, AR.
    Matter of fact, on the Heartland web site they are showing a '15 Deluxe on sale right now.
    I'd call both of em and see what kind of deal they'll cut ya. That is what I was about to do when I stumbled onto Pseudo-Fed's bike.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Welcome / (I had a 2010 HD Fatboy and the F6B makes me barley look back) I bought the 2013 standard black $13600 out the door with extended warranty and road side

It sounds like you have been reading the forum and have most of the needed add on's already figured out.

I can recommend a few things from you comments.

Seat: Mustang Day Tripper - puts you down an inch
    Windhield: Madstad (the best I have ever had) The stereo will get much louder
    Cruise Control: I added the aftermarket cruise control (works great / a real project to install) Nice on long trips
    Maintenance: Other than oil changes you won't need to do much

You are right this is the best bike / I love it more every day / ride it and you will believe.
    Steve

FWIW, I picked up a used 2013 on Feb 19th for $12,500 from a dealer here in Austin. Traded my previous bike in and walked out only owing $5200. Like you, I had the chance to test ride one a couple of weeks before the purchase and didn't want to return it. I don't regret the buy at all. I've since racked a hair over 8,000 miles on it. My previous bike, I had used for commuting and a few weekend outings and over the course of a year and a half only managed to put 10K miles on it.

I love this bike. I find excuses to ride it. Never had cruise control before, think it might be nice to have on my upcoming national tour on the bike but definitely wasn't a deal-breaker.
    Kury Ergo III pegs are a great addition...the riding position is good but my knees need that stretch now and then.
    Swap out the windshield unless you find a bike where someone has done it already. My bike came with a Klock Werks. I don't like wind hitting me directly in the neck and face. Some don't mind it.
    Servicing the bike is easy, except for the aircleaner, but it's not that difficult to get to. I ordered a service manual but won't see it for another few months apparently. No problems thus far figuring stuff out on my own and with the help of this forum. There is alot of great tidbits of info...and plenty of folks that tickle the funnybone. Probably the nicest bunch for a forum I've ever been part of, and that's saying alot since I've been on forums before there was a fully public internet. (back when 300 and 1200 baud modems were used to connect to FidoNet)
    The plastics, while there is a ton of it on the bike, are easy to remove, easy to paint, and relatively easy to get back on.
    If you are comfy with the seat, stick to it unless you start feeling butt-burn or some other issue. I've logged 3 tanks of fuel (just off the bike long enough to fill it up) without having to get off and walk around a bit at the fourth and it was more for leg/knee discomfort than butt. I think the stock seat is awesome.
    There are some great deals on well-maintained used F6B's.

Enjoy!