Howdy from DFW - Prospective Owner - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Howdy from DFW - Prospective Owner

Quote Originally Posted by mike2000t View Post
    I have a 19" baggershield with vent laying around doing nothing if you want it. $25 plus actual shipping cost. I replaced it with the Madstad, which I absolutely love. The Baggershield is ok, but to be honest the Madstad is it.

I added Mic O Pegs to mine. Spring loaded and retractable and they let me stretch out.

congrats on your bike. I absolutely love mine.
    Thanks! I don't have many miles on it, yet, but I sure am getting to know it. I'm hoping for many years and many miles of getting to know it. I rode some twisty roads yesterday, and practiced turns and figure 8s in a parking lot.
    It's been so long since I've had a new bike, I forgot what it's like practicing with a new bike.

I like the stripped down look. I'm going to try the 11-14" range. I don't mind wind hitting the top of my head. Just need to get my ears out of the turbulent spot. So, I'll pass, but do appreciate the offer on the windshield!

The Mick O Pegs look nifty. Are they adjustable so you can find your happy spot?

They offer different configurations for different rider sizes and riding styles, but once mounted, not really adjustable. I got the ones for tall riders and aggressive riding style. they mount to the engine guards on the upper horizontal part. That way they don't scrape in the corners. The company is very helpful in selecting a style. The let my legs straighten out and what I really like is that with the spring loading, they swing back up so they don't drag in the corners. They do look like they would hit if you drop the bike. So far I have not had to find out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2000t View Post
    They offer different configurations for different rider sizes and riding styles, but once mounted, not really adjustable. I got the ones for tall riders and aggressive riding style. they mount to the engine guards on the upper horizontal part. That way they don't scrape in the corners. The company is very helpful in selecting a style. The let my legs straighten out and what I really like is that with the spring loading, they swing back up so they don't drag in the corners. They do look like they would hit if you drop the bike. So far I have not had to find out for sure.
    I was wondering about cornering clearance with the pegs. They sound like a good option. I've looked at Kuryakyn and Rivco. The Rivco look great, but I'm concerned about the limited adjustability. I'd have to try em before buying em. I hope I never drop the F6. I dropped my Night Train once in the 12 years I've had it, just last year. Dead centered on a tiny piece of wood coming up to a stop sign. Dumped the bike, stayed on my feet. Had to repair a dented gas tank, still have ground metal mirrors, blinkers and brake lever. Grrrrr.
    I can just imagine how much plastic would need replaced with a good drop of the F6.

A simple drop should not bother the plastic the way I see it. The front and rear guards should catch before any plastic hits. There is even a way to lay the bike on its right side to change the back tire.

I was mistaken. the mic o pegs I got are mounted to the vertical part of the engine guards.