Anyone use Bluetooth tire pressure monitors?

Thread: Anyone use Bluetooth tire pressure monitors?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Just installed the FOBO TPMS monitors.

Install: once I figured out my phone's Bluetooth "touch" function, install was easy. BlueTooth 4.0 or greater with the "NFC" function ('touching') is required.

Monitors communicate well with the phone app once I'm in the garage.
    Still getting used to setting the tire pressure limits - apparently the rear tire heats up significantly more than the front so the pressure exceeds what I put in as the max threshold on the phone app.

stevenolts has had the same system for a year. Maybe he can add something more.

Cheers,
    Steve
    +1

Based on seeing Steve's FOBO system at the rally, I purchased my own set from WingStuff and installed them last week. So far so good. It's really convenient to have the big graphic display on my phone. My units are mounted on 90-degree steel valves... but I've got t-valves in my shopping cart at WingStuff.

Thanks, Steve! (Like I don't have other things to spend $ on!)
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    +1

Based on seeing Steve's FOBO system at the rally, I purchased my own set from WingStuff and installed them last week. So far so good. It's really convenient to have the big graphic display on my phone. My units are mounted on 90-degree steel valves... but I've got t-valves in my shopping cart at WingStuff.

Thanks, Steve! (Like I don't have other things to spend $ on!)
    You are so welcome!
    Glad they are working for you!
    I spent HOURS trying to get the touch-beam-thingy (NFC) to work properly. My phone was the issue...
    Anyway, just horribly convenient to go out to the bike, check the pressures, and either giddyup or turn on the compressor.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce