19 61.29%
  • Night Owl

9 29.03%
  • Hummingbirds

3 9.68%

Thread: Night Owls vs Morning Larks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AAHHH, the beauty of true retirement. When I'm tired I lay down. But some times I wake up tired from doing nothing so I do what comes natural I roll over and take a nap!
    If I have something that I really want or have to do I'll have that extra cup of Joe to keep me running until the task is done. As a reward that usually leads to a longer after nap.
    What are all these numbers you guys are talking about? I kind of remember something about AM and PM but I can't remember what that was all about either.
    Did you ever think that your need for sleep stems from the hopes that you will again experience a wet dream from your past youth.
    If your having trouble falling asleep put the TV on; with today's programming you'll be out like a light in no time, but at your age forget the dream.

PS. Old men are not dead we just smell that way.

Cool

I'm with Larry on this one, I'll rest when I'm dead.... Having said that I cannot come up with a reason to be up when the sun comes up! I detest the morning!!! A good time to get out of bed is before 0900 as some have noted, I force myself to go to bed before 0300. Sometimes I fail!. I never let sleep get in the way of something going on!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    AAHHH, the beauty of true retirement. When I'm tired I lay down. But some times I wake up tired from doing nothing so I do what comes natural I roll over and take a nap!
    If I have something that I really want or have to do I'll have that extra cup of Joe to keep me running until the task is done. As a reward that usually leads to a longer after nap.
    What are all these numbers you guys are talking about? I kind of remember something about AM and PM but I can't remember what that was all about either.
    Did you ever think that your need for sleep stems from the hopes that you will again experience a wet dream from your past youth.
    If your having trouble falling asleep put the TV on; with today's programming you'll be out like a light in no time, but at your age forget the dream.

PS. Old men are not dead we just smell that way.
    Bob could not of said it better.Heck I've been retired so long now I don't even know what day it is and really could not care less.Real men take naps-LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Bob could not of said it better.Heck I've been retired so long now I don't even know what day it is and really could not care less.Real men take naps-LOL.
    I have a friend who retired a few years ago. He has trouble tracking days of the week too but knows "big paper day" is Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by carpdm View Post
    I have a friend who retired a few years ago. He has trouble tracking days of the week too but knows "big paper day" is Sunday.
    I also retired in 2000, and like a few here for me every day is Saturday and every night id Friday night.
    I am up late and up early to get to the gym by 5am.
    I have to admit I go to the gym early to get out of my girls way so she can get to work.
    Also love a good early AM rid
    shortleg

Night Owl

Have always functioned better at night. Learned to get up early to put myself in sync with life. Never in bed before 12-1 am. drinking coffee at 7.

I'm retired, so I am a bit of both. 30 years in the Army made me an early riser...but there was no real set time to be done for the day. So I am accustomed to being up all night.

Now I can follow this pattern:

Go to the gym and work out hard, then "Eat until I'm tired; sleep until I'm hungry"!

Up at 4:00 AM and usually down by 6:30 - 7:30 PM.
    Morning person and love to ride morning fresh !

Mornings are cool

I like watching the sun come up, so being an early riser but also liking some late nights and at least getting 5 to 6 hour sleep is all I have ever needed to make my day work for me. I ran nights for work for a good number of years but was never really comfortable with being up all night. Being retired now time is irrelevant.