• Morning Lark

19 61.29%
  • Night Owl

9 29.03%
  • Hummingbirds

3 9.68%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Night Owls vs Morning Larks

I'm all over the place on this one. I usually get up at 5-6am and fall asleep at 1-2am on weekdays. Weekends I sleep in to about 7-8am and nap an hour around 5pm to wake back up a and piddle around up to 3 or 4am, then crash again. Nothing consistent. Between all the constant honey-do's, the day job, my personal interests, along with riding, I still wish days were longer and we didn't require any sleep.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    It's 5:32 am....east coast. There's my answer! I'm in bed by 9 pm most nights.
    Ditto. Even the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Ditto. Even the weekends.
    I went to a concert with my son Tuesday night in Boston...got home at 1am. I was toast all day Wednesday.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Early to rise and late to bed. I'm bored when I'm not moving and I like to get my chores done first to maximize my play time.

AAHHH, the beauty of true retirement. When I'm tired I lay down. But some times I wake up tired from doing nothing so I do what comes natural I roll over and take a nap!
    If I have something that I really want or have to do I'll have that extra cup of Joe to keep me running until the task is done. As a reward that usually leads to a longer after nap.
    What are all these numbers you guys are talking about? I kind of remember something about AM and PM but I can't remember what that was all about either.
    Did you ever think that your need for sleep stems from the hopes that you will again experience a wet dream from your past youth.
    If your having trouble falling asleep put the TV on; with today's programming you'll be out like a light in no time, but at your age forget the dream.

PS. Old men are not dead we just smell that way.

Cool

I'm with Larry on this one, I'll rest when I'm dead.... Having said that I cannot come up with a reason to be up when the sun comes up! I detest the morning!!! A good time to get out of bed is before 0900 as some have noted, I force myself to go to bed before 0300. Sometimes I fail!. I never let sleep get in the way of something going on!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    AAHHH, the beauty of true retirement. When I'm tired I lay down. But some times I wake up tired from doing nothing so I do what comes natural I roll over and take a nap!
    If I have something that I really want or have to do I'll have that extra cup of Joe to keep me running until the task is done. As a reward that usually leads to a longer after nap.
    What are all these numbers you guys are talking about? I kind of remember something about AM and PM but I can't remember what that was all about either.
    Did you ever think that your need for sleep stems from the hopes that you will again experience a wet dream from your past youth.
    If your having trouble falling asleep put the TV on; with today's programming you'll be out like a light in no time, but at your age forget the dream.

PS. Old men are not dead we just smell that way.
    Bob could not of said it better.Heck I've been retired so long now I don't even know what day it is and really could not care less.Real men take naps-LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Sleeping gets in the way of living.
    And, Don't let school get in the way of your education.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Bob could not of said it better.Heck I've been retired so long now I don't even know what day it is and really could not care less.Real men take naps-LOL.
    I have a friend who retired a few years ago. He has trouble tracking days of the week too but knows "big paper day" is Sunday.

Night Owl

Have always functioned better at night. Learned to get up early to put myself in sync with life. Never in bed before 12-1 am. drinking coffee at 7.