After 7000 miles of mostly twisties, my OEM rear tire is shot. Shooter blames it on the high percentage of twisty road driving that I do and my “aggressive driving style” No one ever called me slow.

Shooter, very generously, allowed me to borrow a mounted CT, allowed me to use his shop/tools and helped me change the wheel. Thank you again Shooter!

The tire is a General G Max with 1000 miles.

Attachment 20387

I was surprised that I noticed some subtleties. I could feel the tread on the new tire. The bike was not quite as smooth as with the MT. Not much of a difference, just enough to notice.

0-65mph – I found it took just a touch more to lean, and the bike kind of snapped back upright when I straightened up.

65mph - ? (I’m not saying) – Didn’t notice anything when changing lanes. I guess the tire actually has to touch the road to notice it

Twisties – Definitely took a bit more to lean, but not a problem. Did notice that I needed to keep her leaning more on long turns than with my MT as the bike wanted to straighten up slightly. Noticeable, but not a problem.

Sharp turns – Same as twisties, but even sharp 180s were not a problem.

Conclusions:
-Highway and straight road driving – I would definitely go with a CT.

-Mostly twisties – Bike definitely handles better with OEM MT, but need to balance that with the benefits of increased breaking ability and tire life. I will ride some more before deciding.

If I decide to stay dark, I think I want to use a run flat. Are there any that might ride a bit smoother than the General G Max?