Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
After 7000 miles of mostly twisties, my OEM rear tire is shot. Shooter blames it on the high percentage of twisty road driving that I do and my “aggressive driving style” No one ever called me slow.

Shooter, very generously, allowed me to borrow a mounted CT, allowed me to use his shop/tools and helped me change the wheel. Thank you again Shooter!

The tire is a General G Max with 1000 miles.

Attachment 20387

I was surprised that I noticed some subtleties. I could feel the tread on the new tire. The bike was not quite as smooth as with the MT. Not much of a difference, just enough to notice.

0-65mph – I found it took just a touch more to lean, and the bike kind of snapped back upright when I straightened up.

65mph - ? (I’m not saying) – Didn’t notice anything when changing lanes. I guess the tire actually has to touch the road to notice it

Twisties – Definitely took a bit more to lean, but not a problem. Did notice that I needed to keep her leaning more on long turns than with my MT as the bike wanted to straighten up slightly. Noticeable, but not a problem.

Sharp turns – Same as twisties, but even sharp 180s were not a problem.

Conclusions:
-Highway and straight road driving – I would definitely go with a CT.

-Mostly twisties – Bike definitely handles better with OEM MT, but need to balance that with the benefits of increased breaking ability and tire life. I will ride some more before deciding.

If I decide to stay dark, I think I want to use a run flat. Are there any that might ride a bit smoother than the General G Max?

I appreciate your evaluation. Since I also have a right wrist disease and mostly ride the twisties in New Mexico and Southern Colorado, sounds like for now I better just wear out the stock Bridgestones.