Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
Took the Alpine off the F6 today and install an OEM...getting ready for sale...19,910 and the wear bars where close... Installed the Dunlop winter Sprit DSST on the GL1800 @ 22K.

The Alpine could have gone another 5K miles w/o to much effort...Lesson #1...run 32# PSI.... ran 36# a lot in the mountains and this probably hurt the milage. I did not buy the tire for milage but for traction! Great tire, went with the Dunlop as the Alpine were discontinued and or could not locate one. The Dunlop seems to be OK...Rode 100 miles tonight, no issues...32#
NICE truck Steve!

I am glad that you took that first picture of the car tire and motorcycle tire; side by side like that. I have been eyeing the new Michelin Alpine that I have; alongside the new G/W wheel and tire I just bought off Ebay. The car tire certainly looks "fatter" and from looking at the clearance in the F6B's rear wheel well... it would almost seem that it would be almost touching the sides of it.

How much side clearance is actually available, after one installs any 195/55R 16 car tire in there...?