Confessions from the first hour in the darkside - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confessions from the first hour in the darkside

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Have you seen his avatar??!! He shoots guns for a living!!! My name is Shooter not Stupid!!

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Tire Life

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    What you gain is run flat, better braking and longer tire life.

Run flat can be replaced with RideOn, but braking and tirelife can not be increased any other way. Just have to decide if the small reduction in handling is worth the tradeoff
    A few folks who are riding/using run flats are not getting the anticipated mileage they thought they would. If my memory serves me right I discussed this with Steve 0080 at a RTE in Crystal River. He stated his run flat Alpine would't likely produce the mileage achieved with the G-Max conventional radial (30,300 miles). I'm sure Steve will respond and rectify and correct my "brain fart " statement if need be

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    A few folks who are riding/using run flats are not getting the anticipated mileage they thought they would. If my memory serves me right I discussed this with Steve 0080 at a RTE in Crystal River. He stated his run flat Alpine would't likely produce the mileage achieved with the G-Max conventional radial (30,300 miles). I'm sure Steve will respond and rectify and correct my "brain fart " statement if need be
    Are you still running the BT45's up front ?

30,000 sure beats my 7000. I like the idea of the runflat for the stronger walls and not worring as much about punctures
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Are you still running the BT45's up front ?
    I'm on my second BT-45! A remarkable tire IMHO! It turned my 6 into a corner carver with it's 1/4" narrower profile than the OEM tire. Several other folks are using the Ax and seem to have high opinions of the tire. Steve 0080 is currently on one

I'm on my second BT-45! A remarkable tire IMHO! It turned my 6 into a corner carver with it's 1/4" narrower profile than the OEM tire. Several other folks are using the Ax and seem to have high opinions of the tire. Steve 0080 is currently on one

What do u mean by corner carver? How is it better than the oem?

There seems to be a few versions of the BT-45. Which r u running?
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Are you mixing Bias on the front with a Radial on the back ?

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Are you mixing Bias on the front with a Radial on the back ?
    Based upon a major motorcycle manufacturers decision to mass market the Yamaha Raider with a bias front and radial rear, I found this a non-issue. What was once "taboo" now seems the norm.

Bridgestone's info on the Ax!
    http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV...dU6dlICJdYDlw-

I am not getting milage in the 30's on my Alpine. I did run it most of the time at 36psi. I have lowered it to 32psi. I will change it out in August and post tire milage at that time,,,

Installed 05/22/14 milage 13,600. Current milage=31500 or 17900 on the tire. The wear bars are just about there in the middle but a little bit
    more thread on the outside. I will pull it in August.

The Ax up front is a great tire! Yes I am double darkside !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Took the Alpine off the F6 today and install an OEM...getting ready for sale...19,910 and the wear bars where close... Installed the Dunlop winter Sprit DSST on the GL1800 @ 22K.

The Alpine could have gone another 5K miles w/o to much effort...Lesson #1...run 32# PSI.... ran 36# a lot in the mountains and this probably hurt the milage. I did not buy the tire for milage but for traction! Great tire, went with the Dunlop as the Alpine were discontinued and or could not locate one. The Dunlop seems to be OK...Rode 100 miles tonight, no issues...32#
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com