Confessions from the first hour in the darkside - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confessions from the first hour in the darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Took the Alpine off the F6 today and install an OEM...getting ready for sale...19,910 and the wear bars where close... Installed the Dunlop winter Sprit DSST on the GL1800 @ 22K.

The Alpine could have gone another 5K miles w/o to much effort...Lesson #1...run 32# PSI.... ran 36# a lot in the mountains and this probably hurt the milage. I did not buy the tire for milage but for traction! Great tire, went with the Dunlop as the Alpine were discontinued and or could not locate one. The Dunlop seems to be OK...Rode 100 miles tonight, no issues...32#
    NICE truck Steve!

I am glad that you took that first picture of the car tire and motorcycle tire; side by side like that. I have been eyeing the new Michelin Alpine that I have; alongside the new G/W wheel and tire I just bought off Ebay. The car tire certainly looks "fatter" and from looking at the clearance in the F6B's rear wheel well... it would almost seem that it would be almost touching the sides of it.

How much side clearance is actually available, after one installs any 195/55R 16 car tire in there...?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Thanks Will, I have had the truck for 14 years and cannot see getting rid of it... it is near perfect and has the last 7.3 !!!

As for as the tire, Ummm. lets go take a pic....... This one slid right home...no issues. On the alpine, I put a plastic bag over it so it would go in better... I did not let out any air on this one...Hard to tell with these pics......but about 1/2 inch on either side.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks Will, I have had the truck for 14 years and cannot see getting rid of it... it is near perfect and has the last 7.3 !!!

As for as the tire, Ummm. lets go take a pic....... This one slid right home...no issues. On the alpine, I put a plastic bag over it so it would go in better... I did not let out any air on this one...Hard to tell with these pics......but about 1/2 inch on either side.
    The pictures do not lie. My suspicions are ill founded. Thanks for taking those Steve.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Here is an update on the Dunlop Winter Sprit RF, Great tire. Currently running 34#. Super grip wet and dry. The price was right, my new go to tire !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Here is an update on the Dunlop Winter Sprit RF, Great tire. Currently running 34#. Super grip wet and dry. The price was right, my new go to tire !!!
    That's a great looking tire Steve

Hey Steve could you post up the size of that Dunlop winter Sprit DSST you put on and is it a Run Flat as I could not find it posted anywhere in this thread?

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Hey Steve could you post up the size of that Dunlop winter Sprit DSST you put on and is it a Run Flat as I could not find it posted anywhere in this thread?
    Lol....

But I am interested in the size as well....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Here is an update on the Dunlop Winter Sprit RF, Great tire. Currently running 34#. Super grip wet and dry. The price was right, my new go to tire !!!Steve
    oops... my bad I did not see the RF I need to clean my glasses.....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Its all good Larry. 195-55-16 .... I like 32# with this tire and believe it will give you the best tire life. I run 34# because of the TMPS...BluPurl does not like it until36# which turns off the flashing light! Here is something I did not post originally . Both of these tires are new!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Shooter didn't say anything about there being a right wrist problem on your bike? I do believe that was the problem on mine! Hellofva guy to lend you all that stuff to keep you on two wheels. Shooter's a good man and I don't care what Stroguy says about him!
    Good gouge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B