I'm new to this wonderful site, and wanted to get some input from experienced F6B owners. I currently have a Honda ST1300 and a BMW R1200 GS. I really like both of these bikes. I bought the ST as a second bike, intending to put it in another location for when I am out there, allowing me to have a bike to ride, and keeping the GS at my home. A friend of mine purchased an F6B, and on a long ride he let me try it out.

The comfort was incredible. At 6'3", I didn't realize how "narrow" I felt I was sitting on the ST and the GS. Both are comfortable, upright riding postures, but that wide seat of the F6B and position of my legs just felt so comfortable, the position of the pegs felt great (not too far forward), and that engine...So smooth and strong. The balance was perfect, and I was shocked how easy the bike was to handle, even at low speeds. Honda nailed the COG with this one. I knew I liked the bike immediately, even though initially I didn't care for the looks of the bike. The looks have grown on me, I know I would need a taller shield, but that is an easy fix.

My concerns are the lack of ABS. I sort of made a pact with myself to get only ABS bikes in the future. I am surprised a bike like this doesn't have them, part of Honda's desire to cut weight off of the Gold Wing I suppose. Another concern is how low the bike is, i.e. seems like there would be lots of peg scraping if I ever find time to get to some twisty roads. Also, I've read some comments about paint issues, and have some concerns about this.

The two bikes I have narrowed down to getting if I did get one are the F6B and a BMW 1200RT, perhaps an 2010 or 2011. I'm concerned I will have the same issue with the 1200RT being "too narrow" on long trips, again, a problem I didn't realize I had until I rode the F6B. The biggest single concern with the F6B is the lack of ABS. Did anyone else have hesitation over this, and if so, what convinced you to move forward and how do you feel about the performance of the brakes since acquiring the bike? Thanks, and I look forward to your comments.