Got a few miles in over the weekend. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got a few miles in over the weekend.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I did 1100 miles in one day within 3 months of getting this bike.
    I was actually looking to ride more the next day!
    Holy cow! Somebody has some stamina!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Holy cow! Somebody has some stamina!!!!!
    Yep. That run there would qualify for an Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000 if he had documented it per their requirements. The F6 is a great machine. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Yep, no problem soaking up miles on the F6B, once you've got her set up for you.

I ,as a general rule, AVOID interstates for my preferred twisty back roads. Provided I have the luxury of time on my side.

So Saturday's 682 miles included lots of time riding through posted 10 and 15 mph curves and small towns. and Sunday's was the same.
    Unfortunately for me, the ride to the rally and back will be all interstate. Just don't have the time.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Unfortunately for me, the ride to the rally and back will be all interstate. Just don't have the time.
    Best bike ever on the big road. Best bike ever on the back road. Best bike ever period. Every time I hit the on ramp and start accelerating, I just start laughing. Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Best bike ever on the big road. Best bike ever on the back road. Best bike ever period. Every time I hit the on ramp and start accelerating, I just start laughing. Beast.

F6B is the best kept secret in the whole Honda lineup and the "bagger" world in general.

shooter
    I'm not gonna disagree with her. Number 1 , she's right. Number 2 , she scares me a little.

When Cycle Magazine compared the F6B to it's HD "equivalent" - a $34k CVO FLHTCNOIA UltraWideGlideClassicRoadCruiserKing, they actually started a new category for the F6B.

They decided she wasn't just a bagger, she is a "Heavy Cruiser."
    And the only ding? She has side opening bags where the reviewers preferred the top opening bags of the HD.
    It is to laugh - loudly.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I'm not gonna disagree with her. Number 1 , she's right. Number 2 , she scares me a little.
    Lmao she is trully amazing for sure!

Great ride Jimmy and a great wife for letting you take off like that without a plan. Wish i was that close to the smoky mountains i would be up there (well down there for you) all the time. I can't wait till my trip in September!

Grant

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    When Cycle Magazine compared the F6B to it's HD "equivalent" - a $34k CVO FLHTCNOIA UltraWideGlideClassicRoadCruiserKing, they actually started a new category for the F6B.

They decided she wasn't just a bagger, she is a "Heavy Cruiser."
    And the only ding? She has side opening bags where the reviewers preferred the top opening bags of the HD.
    It is to laugh - loudly.
    When I took my BFF's street glide to Ky last summer, she was showing me how convenient her bags are to open. She told me she can open her bags and get something out while sitting at a stop light. She was thrilled.

I had not met Sweet Georgia yet but if she told me that now, I'd tell her that I can pull over at a gas station, get off my bike, get what I need out of the side opening bags, and still blow by her.

shooter
    Can't argue with that logic.