Marion County School Board Bathroom Policy - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marion County School Board Bathroom Policy

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I don't have a problem with people that have an alternative lifestyle as long as they don't try to shove it down my throat. Live and let live. But by God that works both ways. At least for me.
    +1
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    And we wonder why we have these problems:
    People have to twist and twist to support their position.
    Eventually we will be blinded and deafened at birth, we will be fed information from the world around us that identifies people as they wish to be seen or heard.
    There are a few advantages to being old, one is that I don't have to deal with these, er, citizens.

"Tolerance", by it's very nature, cannot be imposed on an individual. It is a character trait that each person chooses to accept as inherently moral, I and of itself. In fact, it is pants-crappingly ironic to attempt to impose a concept of tolerance in an individual, because the the very act of imposing ones will on another is itself an act of intolerance.

The idea of "political correctness" is likewise an example of intolerance being imposed on individuals. It is just another set of rules designed for certain elements of society to attempt to socially punish those whose speech or acts don't line up with whatever artificial societal construct that is being defended at a given time.

In short, the ideas of enforced tolerance and political correctness are designed to be societal laws that should be punished by those who have "correct thinking", and no law of any sort has the power to make anyone more ethical or moral.

So, no, enforced "tolerance" and "political correctness" do not make a society more moral, and may in fact make it less so.

How our world, meaning you and I, goes is dictated by the small percentage of the wealthy in the world. Chaos in our lives is the tool used by the rich, to keep our lives in turmoil. The chaos and turmoil is in part caused by legislation/laws passed by the BOUGHT AND PAID FOR political system we live under. We like to think we have a part in who is in office, we really don't, this current election should open your eyes to that. Chaos and turmoil, in our lives, is the cover under which we are controlled.
    The illusion of being free becomes less and less every year. All a person can hope for is to enjoy their life the best they can .
    I do hope that I am wrong and I try not to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I saw NC passed the law last week where you have to use the bathroom for the sex you are , not the bathroom of the sex you think you ought to be. Obama publicly condemned the state. So come on people. Vote Hillary in because she feels the same way. One of them goes in and whips it out on my grandaughter I'd like to be there to cut it off for the he/she. We have one in our schools. He/she single handedly shut school down twice back in the fall. They gave it its own bathroom. That wasn't good enough. He/she wants to go in with.the girls. That's the whole purpose. So far the school hasn't allowed it. He/she held rallies in the park across the street. Believe it or not hundreds of supporters showed up. I don't have a problem with people that have an alternative lifestyle as long as they don't try to shove it down my throat. Live and let live. But by God that works both ways. At least for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    +1

My thoughts exactly

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Another thing , I'm not going to Maryland until Will quits peeing on the walls. Might be a nice state but I draw the line at pee running down the walls.

IMHO I think it more today about being non confrontational, everything is OK because few have the backbone or moral compass to speak up!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    You are so right about that Steve. Nobody wants confrontation or wants to hurt anybody's feelings. Tree huggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    IMHO I think it more today about being non confrontational, everything is OK because few have the backbone or moral compass to speak up!
    Look what the world is coming to since Bruce Jenner turned into a "Capon". They pulled Gold Medals from Jim Thorpe because of supposedly playing professionally (gets a few bucks) and Jenner turns into a celebrity for having his"jewels" removed

Regarding unisex bathrooms......Give everyone a Arbor Day Tree and let them lift one leg and pi$$ onto it

I don't think he has the gonads to have his jewels removed...just in case he/she changes his/her mind.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I don't think he has the gonads to have his jewels removed...just in case he/she changes his/her mind.
    I stopped , for a second, on I'm Catlin, on my way threw the channels and was just totally repulsed by herm and the whole concept of the show, was glad shem wasn't flashing when I stopped in for a quick look.