Best mounts for your cell phone. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best mounts for your cell phone.

Thanks guys for the information!

I'm torn on having the distraction of the phone right there, would also hate to not have it if I go down. No matter how it's held it would probably get trashed in an accident.
    However, when I MUST have one mounted I use an extra Otterbox belt clip with the clip removed with a RAM ball mounted to the back. Phone clips right in.
    RAM-B-309-1U Brake/Clutch mount with a RAM-103-238U on the back of the Otterbox clip.
    Clip is mounted to the diamond adapter by cleaning all the plastic from the back of the belt clip that's left over after removing the clippy part.
    Slightly counter-bore into the face where the rivets enter to allow the 1/4" pop rivets to sit almost below the surface of the plastic. A spade bit works for this. Not too deep or you'll go through. Drill press works best.
    Drill out the holes for the rivets, make sure it all lines up, use strong adhesive on the diamond adapter plate and back of the clip, and rivet the pieces together.
    You can file or Dremel off the top of the rivets for a perfect fit.
    Of course this ONLY works if you have an Otterbox case on your phone.

Here are some better views that show how it's attached.
    Attachment 20545
    Attachment 20546

Well, they were straight when I took them!

Ram Xgrip

For you guys that have the Ram XGrip, these web grips are a must. They hook over the corners of your device, giving your Xgrip a higher level of security just in case.
    Texel WebGrip Security Tether Support 2 Pack Black/Black (00-90001-02) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016VE70HO..._qOSjxbW31PS1X
    In the Garage:
    2014 Yamaha VMAX 1700- Matte Grey
    2015 Honda F6B- Matte Grey