XM radio and such things. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XM radio and such things.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Groveland?????? I lived there for ten years. Redwing Road. Half mile down from the restaurant.
    I live way North of there Closer to Leesburg. I pass Redwing all the time though, they still have very good food.

Darryl

Any pics of the various installs would be nice including how and where the best antenna location is.

Thanks,

Blaine.

Another question -- has anyone made a Sirius/XM radio work through the us but connector in the saddlebag? If so, which model and will the handlebar controls change the stations.

Thanks,

Blaine.

Quote Originally Posted by busflyer View Post
    Any pics of the various installs would be nice including how and where the best antenna location is.

Thanks,

Blaine.
    20150913_102118 (1).jpg
    In the left cubby and antenna puck on the dash behind the windshield. And yes, I get good reception behind the windshield.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

XM/Sirius hater here

The fidelity (band width) is bad, they charge too much, last time I looked they even charged for "licensing" or whatever...like a store having a price for an item and then charging you extra for the electricity for store lights, their help line/customer service sucks, their billing is confusing, ...eff 'em.

Other than that, they're great.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    The fidelity (band width) is bad, they charge too much, last time I looked they even charged for "licensing" or whatever...like a store having a price for an item and then charging you extra for the electricity for store lights, their help line/customer service sucks, their billing is confusing, ...eff 'em.

Other than that, they're great.
    I agree, the OP didn't ask about the quality and customer service. I often question myself why I still have it. But it's an option if I get tired of recorded tunes.
    It is true band width sucks. I remember 5 to 6 years ago that Sirius was all I listened to and it sounded good.
    Anyway, it's old technology, long in the tooth, but it is an option.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    I agree, the OP didn't ask about the quality and customer service. I often question myself why I still have it. But it's an option if I get tired of recorded tunes.
    It is true band width sucks. I remember 5 to 6 years ago that Sirius was all I listened to and it sounded good.
    Anyway, it's old technology, long in the tooth, but it is an option.

J
    Of course, you are right. I listened to the Blues channel, Jazz and Old time radio...but the negatives I mentioned finally overcame the benefits. I have a thumb drive full of goods tunes and radio, such as it is in deadzone heaven here upstate NY. Bluetooth would be nice for podcasts. Frankly, when I got rid of XM, I got to enjoy a kind of meditative (but alert) state...if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pitcherd View Post
    I bluetooth my phone and play Pandora Radio. All depends on your signal for your wireless device though. I do come across areas in North Carolina that I have no service.

Darryl
    what USB bluetooth do you use? my iphone 5s won't work in the left bag. i have a cheap usb bluetooth but it won't tell me what track is playing just continuous play.

Thanks in advance.
    www.StormLakeHonda.com
    13 F6B
    14 F6B
    15 CTX1300D
    15 F6B
    16 F6B

Sirius Set UP

Quote Originally Posted by busflyer View Post

Thanks,

Blaine.
    Here is my set up. Using Leader mounts. I like everything about it. As for antenna. Honda installs them under the front cowling, so I removed it and put the antenna there. Works fine.Sirius - GPS.jpg
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68