Sold my VTX today.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sold my VTX today.

Sold my VTX today.

Well my bike drove away just now. Put in for a day off to go to Russelville to get a mat silver deluxe. Those guys are out of 2015 silvers so they offered me the same deal on a 2016! Cant wait. You guys are great looking forward to meeting all of you. This forum is great! Pics comming next week from Russelville Attachment 20486

Welcome, congrats and condolences...Can't part with my VTX, she'll be in semi retirement for years to come

The pain the pain

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Welcome, congrats and condolences...Can't part with my VTX, she'll be in semi retirement for years to come
    Yea I really didnt want to let her go, i showed the buyer every little scratch on her , but with only 5,500 miles it was a deal for him. But now comes my new dream bike and quite possibly the best road bike available today, the F6B. If you guys could have any bike, just one, would you change? The BMWs are ugly imo, the harleys are beautiful show bikes and kinda cool but very expensive for what you get but for on the road performance, comfort ect the F6B is it for me. But please tell me what elese you would consider?

Congratulations! I know that was a long wait for you.

The wait is over

Quote Originally Posted by okf6b View Post
    Congratulations! I know that was a long wait for you.
    Yea finally got it done. Tried Shawnee honda like you said but i can save 3500 going to Russelville, besides they are forum sponsors. And the ride home will be cool if it doesn't rain on me. Looking forward to meeting up w/ you. You going to the rally in sept? Want to team up for the trip?

I feel your pain, audiochris. Sold me '05 VTX 1300R a couple weeks ago. It went to a new home in two days. No regrets . . . just great memories of some fantastic trips and lots of anticipation for many more with the B.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Yea I really didnt want to let her go, i showed the buyer every little scratch on her , but with only 5,500 miles it was a deal for him. But now comes my new dream bike and quite possibly the best road bike available today, the F6B. If you guys could have any bike, just one, would you change? The BMWs are ugly imo, the harleys are beautiful show bikes and kinda cool but very expensive for what you get but for on the road performance, comfort ect the F6B is it for me. But please tell me what elese you would consider?
    I honestly wasn't looking at the B, I wanted to switch up to a sport tour...Tried the Concours, wonderful bike just couldn't get comfortable like I was on my VTX. Had I seen them before I bought the B the Triumph Trophy looks promising. However I have no regrets with my B, we got comfortable with each other really quick. No issues in the 5 months we've been paired up.

I test road a BMW GTL1600, I believe that's what it was, wonderful machine, however to many multifunction wisbangs for me. The Triumph Rocket 3 was high on my list, it lost to a Honda again...When I purchased my VTX it was between the VTX and the Rocket, VTX fit like a glove. I'm not ready for a road couch like the full wings yet, maybe next time. Although who knows what will new and exciting things will be on the market in 5 or 10 years...

But please tell me what else you would consider?
    Having rode the "6"? Nothing.........
    Kept my '95 Heritage for sentimental reasons. She's loud and a bitch, but I still love her.
    Isleen however? She's my mistress.......
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

NOTHING and I did try many others. As you said, probably the best road bike available!

Well my bike drove away just now. Put in for a day off to go to Russelville to get a mat silver deluxe. Those guys are out of 2015 silvers so they offered me the same deal on a 2016! Cant wait. You guys are great looking forward to meeting all of you. This forum is great! Pics comming next week from Russelville Attachment 20486
    I really liked my '03 VTX 1300R... until I rode it again after two weeks on my new B. It kinda felt like a little wind-up toy!
    She's got herself a new guy.

Attachment 20488
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"