Best Grips
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Grips

Best Grips

I installed Kuryakyn ISO grips and now regret it. Had them on my Vulcan and loved them. But on the F6B I get too much vibration. I've added the grip end weights, even added some lead into the small empty space in the grip end weights, but still get numb hands at certain speeds.

I'm thinking about buying and reinstalling the OEM grips with the big grip end weights, but thought I'd first ask the group for recommendations. Any after market grips you truly love that eliminate vibrations?

Thanks in advance, folks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Rich View Post
    I installed Kuryakyn ISO grips and now regret it. Had them on my Vulcan and loved them. But on the F6B I get too much vibration. I've added the grip end weights, even added some lead into the small empty space in the grip end weights, but still get numb hands at certain speeds.

I'm thinking about buying and reinstalling the OEM grips with the big grip end weights, but thought I'd first ask the group for recommendations. Any after market grips you truly love that eliminate vibrations?

Thanks in advance, folks!!!
    For what its worth I have used the stock grips with "Grip Puppies" since day one. Great feeling with little if any vibration and a snap to install! I'm on my second pair as I wore the first pair out.

Here's my original "thread" on the subject!
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?430-Grip-Puppies

My brother gave me a set of Grip Puppies, I just put them on and they are great ...

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    My brother gave me a set of Grip Puppies, I just put them on and they are great ...
    +2 I have almost worn out a set and have one waiting!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I had grip puppies on my Silverwing. I needed them, as the 2 cyl parallel twin, even with counterbalancing, made the stock grips buzz and tingle after a half hour. The 'B on the other hand, with its smooth-as-silk engine, has never given me the least bit of hand tingling or fatigue. I like the stock grips.

I'm perfectly satisfied with the stock OEM grips. I always wear gloves though.

I also like the stock grips. Took a bit of getting use to the narrower style because I had bigger grips on my other bikes.

I actually liked the feel of the unheated grips better than the heated ones for some reason. That being said, I'm enjoying the heated grips very much as fall progresses. I find I'm using them on low when it's only in the low 60s sometimes.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've never felt much vibration on the F6B, but I didn't like the skinnier grips as opposed to my VTX. I put a pair of shark skins on, and I've been extremely happy with them. Turned the heat on the grips this past weekend and felt it through the shark skins and gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    For what its worth I have used the stock grips with "Grip Puppies" since day one. Great feeling with little if any vibration and a snap to install! I'm on my second pair as I wore the first pair out.

Here's my original "thread" on the subject!
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?430-Grip-Puppies
    bob109, Do you have a link to California Sport Touring's website? I have ordered from them in the past(Puppies for my V-Strom) but now when I try to access the site all I get is a page for a motorcycle service location with no link to internet sales. Are they still selling online? Thanks for the help!