Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree that this drone with the Cobra pipes "sucks"...I did test ride an F6B at the dealer and it had the Cobra's on it with the stock windshield..The wind noise was so bad for me that I heard the drone but not near as badly as when I picked up my own bike and rode it home. The drone at 55-75mph was very noticeable and somewhat irritating, but I lived with it until I got home...I thought maybe it was my helmet or the Baggershield windshield that caused it, but no....Later that week rode the same dealer test bike with my own helmet and the drone was just a bad even with the stock shield....I will keep my pipes for now as the riding season is pretty much over in Michigan, but if nothing is done on Cobra's end with some possible solutions, my pipes will also be for sale soon...Glad I kept the stockers....But hate to take a huge hit on my 6-2-6's as I paid the full MSRP to have them dealer installed...Won't do that again...(Live and learn as they say)...

Drone issue, something to try

Hi guys, I drilled out my stock pipes front and back (got a little carried away).
    Anyway, I had the drone.
    When I was on holidays, I stopped and saw Jimmy at Tourque Masters, I had him remove the CAT's, I know some here don't agree with this, but I did this to improve the flow of the exhaust as I am waiting for the black Cobras, one unseen benefit of removing the CAT's was the drone was noticeably reduced. It is not bothersome at all now.
    There is no way to tell if adding the Cobra's will bring it back, but I am betting on No.....Good luck out there.
    Black Dragon project continues into the snowy season....stay tuned for more.