Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good post. Interested and watching.... Old question- Cobra gonna do black powercoat? I've seen the ceramic black from the other folks but I want flat black so I can join them anti-chrome folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Limbuck View Post
    Good post. Interested and watching.... Old question- Cobra gonna do black powercoat? I've seen the ceramic black from the other folks but I want flat black so I can join them anti-chrome folks.
    Ditto!!! I'm SO jealous!

Can you re-use the exhaust gaskets? I was so mad when I bought pipes for my Intruder and wasn't told I needed new gaskets. Major buzzkill.

Yes, as long as your gaskets look good then you can reuse them. Trying to get sound video uploaded now.

Yes, the Black pipes are coming. I was told mid October. I couldn't wait any longer....

Quote Originally Posted by Limbuck View Post
    So here are the elusive black pipes. Not exactly what i was hoping for especially with the silver clamps and having to reuse the chrome heat shield. Hopefully Cobra will QUICKLY create and sell a matching heat shield. On a positive note i like the sound and finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Looks weird

Chrome heat shield with black pipes is odd enough but chrome clamp is just wrong! Must powder coat fast. It seems like Cobra is selling these pipes in black unfinished and you are forced to spend more money and time to get them right. I feel Cobra has dropped the ball on these.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Chrome heat shield with black pipes is odd enough but chrome clamp is just wrong! Must powder coat fast. It seems like Cobra is selling these pipes in black unfinished and you are forced to spend more money and time to get them right. I feel Cobra has dropped the ball on these.
    I have to agree. The black part of the pipes look great but it looks unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Yeah I feel like I made a really expensive mistake and they don't seem to be listening to us.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I don't believe ANY aftermarket manufacturer provides or offers black forward shields with their black F6B slip-on pipes.

This will sound harsh, but why would anyone who's researched something fully before they bought it and understands what they are getting expect them to be included?

The clamp,,, I can see where they should be black. But, $5 for a can of high temp will fix that. (Or p-coat 'em,,,)

What to do now with your forward shields? Powder coat 'em like everyone else has had to do who's purchased black F6B slip-ons.

In the long run, it will be far less $$$ for you to p-coat 'em yourself than to pay for a 2nd set of shields in black from Cobra.

Maybe some day Cobra will offer the shields as a 'kit' option with the slip ons,,, I reckon the MSRP for that combined kit will be just shy of 1 large,,, And,,, with such a high MSRP, most will opt to either go chrome or p-coat their existing shields instead of buying the full kit,,, which in turn leaves Cobra with a low-demand item, the black forward shields,,,

Its all about the $$$. Always has been, always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I don't believe ANY aftermarket manufacturer provides or offers black forward shields with their black F6B slip-on pipes.

This will sound harsh, but why would anyone who's researched something fully before they bought it and understands what they are getting expect them to be included?

The clamp,,, I can see where they should be black. But, $5 for a can of high temp will fix that. (Or p-coat 'em,,,)

What to do now with your forward shields? Powder coat 'em like everyone else has had to do who's purchased black F6B slip-ons.

In the long run, it will be far less $$$ for you to p-coat 'em yourself than to pay for a 2nd set of shields in black from Cobra.

Maybe some day Cobra will offer the shields as a 'kit' option with the slip ons,,, I reckon the MSRP for that combined kit will be just shy of 1 large,,, And,,, with such a high MSRP, most will opt to either go chrome or p-coat their existing shields instead of buying the full kit,,, which in turn leaves Cobra with a low-demand item, the black forward shields,,,

Its all about the $$$. Always has been, always will be.
    I knew what i was getting into with the shield but i thought the clamps would be covered like it's advertised on their site.