Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install - Page 12
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

D, I felt the same way you did , I also thought the Cobras were lighter then I weighed them. Stock were 21 LBS Cobra were 30LBS. I was surprised. I also tested them with and without baffles and either way the bike would hit the speed limiter faster with the stock mufflers. But I don't really need to run 126 very often and I love the way the Cobras look from the rear, I get many compliments on them. As I posted before I ended wrapping the baffles with fiberglass and I really like the sound of them now without being to loud. Sound is very subjective, everyone is different.
    Jakec

Cobra 6-2-6 baffles?

I have a couple hundred miles on the Cobras and love the look. The sound is improved over stock too, but I am wondering what they sound like without baffles? Anyone popped them out yet? I am thinking to change the air cleaner too just incase the reduced back pressure now wants more volume coming in so if anyone has a recommendation I would appreciate it.

OEM computer reset after exhaust change?

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    D, I felt the same way you did , I also thought the Cobras were lighter then I weighed them. Stock were 21 LBS Cobra were 30LBS. I was surprised. I also tested them with and without baffles and either way the bike would hit the speed limiter faster with the stock mufflers. But I don't really need to run 126 very often and I love the way the Cobras look from the rear, I get many compliments on them. As I posted before I ended wrapping the baffles with fiberglass and I really like the sound of them now without being to loud. Sound is very subjective, everyone is different.
    Jakec
    Thanks Jafec. Did you reset the computer by disconnecting the battery or just let it do it on its own? Air cleaner change too?

Thx.

D, I just started it up cold and never touched the throttle until the fans kick in. That suppost to do a reset. I never changed the air filter because I don't believe you can gain much because you can't adjust the ECM. I heard Power Commander has came out with an ECM for the Goldwing, if this is true I'll wait and see how the results are.
    Jakec

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    I have a couple hundred miles on the Cobras and love the look. The sound is improved over stock too, but I am wondering what they sound like without baffles? Anyone popped them out yet? I am thinking to change the air cleaner too just incase the reduced back pressure now wants more volume coming in so if anyone has a recommendation I would appreciate it.
    Go back to message #70 in this thread. There's a video of the pipes without baffles.

Cobras without baffles

Quote Originally Posted by gamersince1976 View Post
    Yes, thank you very much!
    Thanks to you all who had the guts to pull the baffles out of the Cobra 6-2-6 pipes, but you really need to tell people how awesome the sound is when you do it. I listened to the very nice video recordings available and read the descriptions but these don't prepare you for the real thing--which is what one poster said and I could not agree more. The sound is louder, deeper and much more aggressive. It makes the bike into a whole new animal even if it does not improve the performance in terms of acceleration. The sound and power that is hidden behind the baffles is liberated in a huge, thundering murmur at idle that just gets raw and mean when you rev it up. I don't miss my Harleys at all now that my bike sounds just as bad but runs smoother, faster and hopefully for a lot longer.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late response - I just got back in town.

Those of you asking about drone; It's something that I made sure was as minimal as possible, without negatively affecting the performance of the bike. I think the sound is just about perfect with baffles in...but it's all personal preference!

With baffles removed, the your bike will sound insane! To me it sounds like a Porsche race car with a catless exhaust, just awesome! But, I'm assuming most customers don't want to have an extremely loud F6B, so we decided to install removable baffles. This way (hopefully) everyone is happy!

For those of you who have already received your systems, I really appreciate all of the positive input. This is a fantastic forum!

Thanks,
    Dustin
    www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

Was told today that my Cobra pipes are on the way!
    It's funny how A set of muffler's can make you happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    Was told today that my Cobra pipes are on the way!
    It's funny how A set of muffler's can make you happy!
    www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

Wingstuff.com has the 6-2-6 on sale for $679. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]