Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install - Page 14
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Are there any "tips", "tricks", or "watch out for" for installation, or is it straight forward?
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    How many sold their stock exhaust tips and for how much did you sell them for?
    Going rate is $200-$250 a set. I posted mine on the Goldwing forum and the sale went quickly and without issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This may sound strange to many, I actually like the looks and sound of the stock pipes. I've had all the "loud" I want. To each his own, not an attempt to be critical, just saying what works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    This may sound strange to many, I actually like the looks and sound of the stock pipes. I've had all the "loud" I want. To each his own, not an attempt to be critical, just saying what works for me.
    Your not alone, I had loud pipes on my softail, won't name the brand. I'm sort of enjoying being stealth, I know my neighbors appreciate it. I wouldn't mind having black pipes tho......

The Sound of Silence

About six weeks ago at 1:15 a.m. my doorbell was ringing. My animals went nuts so I went to the door and found my elderly neighbor (defined as older than me) red faced and angry waiting for me. He said he was fed up with me coming home at all hours of the night on my "devil machines" disturbing his wife who has a heart condition. First off, I had been asleep for at least two hours, second, I almost never ride at night (too many deer) and finally, all my bikes have quiet exhaust. I told him this and he insisted that it was me because I have bikes and live too close to him. I took him out to my shop and told him to point out what bike he thought I was riding in my sleep. He said, how the hell would I know that! Well, which one is hot! He examined each of my seven motorcycles, carefully touching each engine and exhaust, all of which were cold. No apology. He left in a huff. Thankfully, my bikes are quiet. The neighbor now, quite often, stands in his driveway and glowers at me as I ride in and out. My F6B makes less noise than his pickup truck, go figure--- I don't know what he and his wife are hearing at night I just know it's not me. So if he sics the local constabulary on me I'll start all seven bikes at once and see if that satisfies anyone. No Cobras for me!

Warning to lite sleepers !!!
    My Cobras arrived today & they are on !!!
    Pictures at 11 ? Or after I wash it !

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    That sucks Gray!
    I am pretty happy with the OEM pipes. Might be a touch 'quiet' but not complaining by any measure.

Beautiful! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyDaFinn View Post
    Your not alone, I had loud pipes on my softail, won't name the brand. I'm sort of enjoying being stealth, I know my neighbors appreciate it. I wouldn't mind having black pipes tho......
    I know what you guys mean, I have a Charger Hemi, I know everybody is putting on the loud exhaust, and I like the sound, but I can get on my car, which I like to do a lot, and it sounds good to me, inside the car, and nobody really notices other than seeing this low black car taking off fast. I will make the decision on the pipes when I get an F6b.

kjelders...no issues, just remove two bolts...transfer the little black cover or tips from the stock to the aftermarket...hold your mouth just right and they will slide right on... you can tweak the bits that slide into the cover if you can't get them in on the second or third try...

I have two sets of cobra pipes and they both put out only 102 decibels .... did not have tool to check stock....if anyone has a I Phone you can down load a app and check and report to the board ? They are not loud !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com