Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install - Page 16
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Had my bike 4 days now with the dealer installed Cobras...Love them except for a somewhat nauseas drone at 60-75mph...Anyone else experience this or is it normal??
    There is a drone at those speeds and it gets MUCH better at 80mph. I rarely travel at a set speed for long and actually enjoy the music my pipes make (unbaffled). I had the same issue on my 2005 goldwing with Cobra pipes and had to keep the baffles in with that one. I don't know if it was a different pitch or if I'm harder of hearing now, but that one was to loud with the baffles out... this one is awesome with my new pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    The new Cobras do sound awesome w/o baffles and look great in chrome on an otherwise all black bike. I look forward to seeing the black version too but the chrome ones get a lot of attention and once you remove the baffles are probably lighter than stock...now what do I do with my stock pipes and the Cobra baffles? Recycle or save for resale value if I ever tire of my
    favorite new bike?
    I think your are right about the chrome pipes. I got impatient waiting for the black ones and love the chrome now that I have them. If I see the black ones on a black bike and like them better, I can always change. I think the black bike will look leaner from the side with chrome pipes since they clearly draw a visual line at the bottom of the bags; the black pipes might not do that, causing the bike to look fat/bulky from the side. Of course this might not be the case at all. We won't know for sure until we see it on person.

I received my FedEx tracking email today. My Cobras will be here Sat. I guess Wingstuff was able to get some in. I don't have to wait until November.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I received my FedEx tracking email today. My Cobras will be here Sat. I guess Wingstuff was able to get some in. I don't have to wait until November.
    Good! Can't wait to hear what you think of them.
    www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

My plan before and after install, is to video the sound of stock exhaust at idle as well as the approaching and fading sound of the exhaust in a.....yes.....a drive by. And then do the same again after I install the Cobra 6 into 6. I plan on installing the Cobra's without the baffles.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Schu3d View Post

The video does not do it justice. The sound is so much more crisp and deep with the Cobra pipes. The Drone at hwy speed is 10 times less now vs the drilled exhaust. I am a very happy camper. Both Cobra and the Dealer recommend leaving the baffles in, so that is what I will do. It is plenty loud for me and the sound is fantastic.
    I first saw these in an ad that was emailed to me after browsing online for pipes for my new F6B. This video is excellent and seals the deal for me, I was sitting on the fence trying to decide whether or not to buy these pipes, no more, getting them ASAP. Thanks for the video.

I just bought an F6B on Saturday, and the dealer had installed a set of the 626's. I gotta tell you, they look and sound HOT...until you get in the Rider seat. I'm not sure if you call it Drone, Resonance, Buffeting, whatever, it seemed I couldn't find a comfortable RPM range to ride in. After 2 hrs of combined city/Hwy riding, my ears were hurting. I mean, it was painful to ride. I wear a half helmet, and I'm coming off a Harley, and I don't EVER remember not enjoying the ride. But one of the guys was equating it to riding directly behind a Harley, and I have to agree with that.

The Dealer also installed the wing windshield with the vent. I spoke to the folks at COBRA, I figured, since they make the baffles themselves, they might offer a replacement baffle with different characteristics (not a chance).

These pipes look pretty awesome, and I've only ridden it a few hours, but I'd hate to just go back to stock without exhausting all possibilities (pardon the pun).

I PM'd a few of you guys who indicate a similar opinion to get some advice on your potential fixes.

Barring any solutions, I suspect I will just install the stock pipes and play it out.

I'll trade ya my stock ones!

Quote Originally Posted by KenSk8Man View Post
    I just bought an F6B on Saturday, and the dealer had installed a set of the 626's. I gotta tell you, they look and sound HOT...until you get in the Rider seat. I'm not sure if you call it Drone, Resonance, Buffeting, whatever, it seemed I couldn't find a comfortable RPM range to ride in. After 2 hrs of combined city/Hwy riding, my ears were hurting. I mean, it was painful to ride. I wear a half helmet, and I'm coming off a Harley, and I don't EVER remember not enjoying the ride. But one of the guys was equating it to riding directly behind a Harley, and I have to agree with that.

The Dealer also installed the wing windshield with the vent. I spoke to the folks at COBRA, I figured, since they make the baffles themselves, they might offer a replacement baffle with different characteristics (not a chance).

These pipes look pretty awesome, and I've only ridden it a few hours, but I'd hate to just go back to stock without exhausting all possibilities (pardon the pun).

I PM'd a few of you guys who indicate a similar opinion to get some advice on your potential fixes.

Barring any solutions, I suspect I will just install the stock pipes and play it out.

Cobra pipes

This is a response to kenSk8man regarding the Cobra 626 pipes...I did not remove the baffles from my pipes, sorry for any mis-information..I agree with your issues as mine are the same...The drone, pitch, or the nauseating sound that comes from these pipes is a problem for me and others as you know...I wear a 3/4 HJC helmet with face shield and with the shield down on the highway the drone can drive me nuts..If I flip up the face shield it helps somewhat to soften the sound...Some have told me it is the turbulence created by the Baggershield windshield, others said to buy a 1/2 helmet..I have issues with eye allergies and need the face protection to reduce the wind in my face and do not like goggles over my eyes...I contacted Cobra via-e-mail with my concerns and never got a reply....I have not a had a chance to ride much due to bad weather in Michigan, but if I cannot find a workable solution next spring, I will sell the pipes and go back to the stockers.....I had a Valkyrie with 6 into 6 pipes from Cobra, but these were different and sounded much better at all speeds. As you said they look great and sound great at low speeds, and in traffic when you change speeds, but on the highway between 60-75 mph they can drive one nuts!!!!!....Hope we can find an answer as I really like the pipes and hate to "ditch them"...but, my ears and my hearing is far more important at my age than pipes.....Regards, Opas ride

I have a half helmet. And 17 inch windshield and I have no issues with my cobra pipes.
    I would probably take the baffles out if my wife wouldn't complain.
    Ok he's done