Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install - Page 17
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Opas Ride, I agree with you 100%, I hope someone does a review on the Mustang seat, I'm tired of spending a lot of money and getting junk.
    Jakec

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Trouble is, one mans junk is another mans treasure!

I'm looking at the V + H Monsters,,, just looking,,, They are chamber muff's instead of the old school 'tube with a baffle in it',,,

Pretty pricey,,, Believe I'll stay with OEM for now,,,

You can pull out the baffles and wrap them with muffler glass packing . Should quit it down .
    Ok he's done

I have the baffles wrapped with fiberglass, it helped but not enough, I still have to wear ear plugs when running at 55to75. I am considering putting a baffle in each side before the six pipes otherwise is anybody looking to buy some cobra 626 pipes?
    Jakec

Jake, how much do you want for those Cobra 6-2-6 pipes ? You can send me a PM if you want.

I am sorry u dont like them! i guess 45 years of Drag racing is still in my blood i think there are to quiet
    Ok he's done

Miles, I would take $550.00 Shipped. The baffles are wrapped with fiberglass so I don't know how hard it would be to remove the baffles. The pipes have about 400 mi. on them. There is a slight wavy imperfection in the left rear. They came from the factory like this but it is so slight it won't show up in a picture. No one other then me has noticed this. If you buy them and you don't like them send them back [you pay freight] and I'll give you your money back.
    Jakec

Jake, thank you for the info, and the price, but I think for that price I will either buy new ones...for $ 109.00 more (that includes shipping), or I will buy the Torqmaster Daytona pipes.

And Jake, since you are not 100% happy with them, and...as you say, they do have a slight wavy imperfection on them, go ahead and let your supplier know, and send them back for a full refund.

Thanks though,

Miles

This weekend I'm going to pull one Baffle out of each side. It's quite possible this could generate some sound characteristics which could cancel or change resonance. Maybe left side lower, right side upper, left inner, right outer, etc. More likely than not, my scoot will be dressed in an OEM exhaust outfit by Monday. My next post could be in the Merchandise For Sale Forum :-}

This past Monday I had the fortune and opportunity to ride kdelders bike (kevin), and he has a very good tone to his Cobra 6-2-6 pipes. He has baffles in 2 pipes on each side, and the one pipes that does NOT have the baffle in it...on each side...is the longest pipe. So, look at your pipes...find the one that is longest on each side, remove the baffle from that ONE...on each side, and the sound is pretty darn good.