Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by Schu3d View Post
    Thought I'd start a new thread on the install of the new cobra pipes. I just picked them up today from my local dealer. Been waiting on them for quite some time now. The are by far the most expensive set of slip-ons that I have ever bought. But so far I am happy with the purchase.
    I have been waiting on mine also,but now the way they sound on my f6b was time will spent

Love my Cobras but...

Quote Originally Posted by Schu3d View Post
    Thought I'd start a new thread on the install of the new cobra pipes. I just picked them up today from my local dealer. Been waiting on them for quite some time now. The are by far the most expensive set of slip-ons that I have ever bought. But so far I am happy with the purchase.
    has anyone removed the baffles on the Cobra 6-2-6 exhaust? I love the look and improved sound but I wonder if there is more to be had from these beauties. Btw, I think they are lighter than the OEM exhausts, but I haven't measured this.

Thanks,

D

D, I felt the same way you did , I also thought the Cobras were lighter then I weighed them. Stock were 21 LBS Cobra were 30LBS. I was surprised. I also tested them with and without baffles and either way the bike would hit the speed limiter faster with the stock mufflers. But I don't really need to run 126 very often and I love the way the Cobras look from the rear, I get many compliments on them. As I posted before I ended wrapping the baffles with fiberglass and I really like the sound of them now without being to loud. Sound is very subjective, everyone is different.
    Jakec

OEM computer reset after exhaust change?

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    D, I felt the same way you did , I also thought the Cobras were lighter then I weighed them. Stock were 21 LBS Cobra were 30LBS. I was surprised. I also tested them with and without baffles and either way the bike would hit the speed limiter faster with the stock mufflers. But I don't really need to run 126 very often and I love the way the Cobras look from the rear, I get many compliments on them. As I posted before I ended wrapping the baffles with fiberglass and I really like the sound of them now without being to loud. Sound is very subjective, everyone is different.
    Jakec
    Thanks Jafec. Did you reset the computer by disconnecting the battery or just let it do it on its own? Air cleaner change too?

Thx.

D, I just started it up cold and never touched the throttle until the fans kick in. That suppost to do a reset. I never changed the air filter because I don't believe you can gain much because you can't adjust the ECM. I heard Power Commander has came out with an ECM for the Goldwing, if this is true I'll wait and see how the results are.
    Jakec

Cobra pipes

This is a response to kenSk8man regarding the Cobra 626 pipes...I did not remove the baffles from my pipes, sorry for any mis-information..I agree with your issues as mine are the same...The drone, pitch, or the nauseating sound that comes from these pipes is a problem for me and others as you know...I wear a 3/4 HJC helmet with face shield and with the shield down on the highway the drone can drive me nuts..If I flip up the face shield it helps somewhat to soften the sound...Some have told me it is the turbulence created by the Baggershield windshield, others said to buy a 1/2 helmet..I have issues with eye allergies and need the face protection to reduce the wind in my face and do not like goggles over my eyes...I contacted Cobra via-e-mail with my concerns and never got a reply....I have not a had a chance to ride much due to bad weather in Michigan, but if I cannot find a workable solution next spring, I will sell the pipes and go back to the stockers.....I had a Valkyrie with 6 into 6 pipes from Cobra, but these were different and sounded much better at all speeds. As you said they look great and sound great at low speeds, and in traffic when you change speeds, but on the highway between 60-75 mph they can drive one nuts!!!!!....Hope we can find an answer as I really like the pipes and hate to "ditch them"...but, my ears and my hearing is far more important at my age than pipes.....Regards, Opas ride

I have a half helmet. And 17 inch windshield and I have no issues with my cobra pipes.
    I would probably take the baffles out if my wife wouldn't complain.
    Ok he's done

Opas Ride, I agree with you 100%, I hope someone does a review on the Mustang seat, I'm tired of spending a lot of money and getting junk.
    Jakec

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Trouble is, one mans junk is another mans treasure!

I'm looking at the V + H Monsters,,, just looking,,, They are chamber muff's instead of the old school 'tube with a baffle in it',,,

Pretty pricey,,, Believe I'll stay with OEM for now,,,

You can pull out the baffles and wrap them with muffler glass packing . Should quit it down .
    Ok he's done