Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install - Page 20
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

C'mon Miles...Share your fix for the dreaded drone that comes with the Cobra 6-2-6 pipes......I might even buy you lunch one day if I ever get out your way....Regards, and I promise to keep it a secret!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    C'mon Miles...Share your fix for the dreaded drone that comes with the Cobra 6-2-6 pipes......I might even buy you lunch one day if I ever get out your way....Regards, and I promise to keep it a secret!!!
    Opas, I will send you a PM with the info, and...there is no need to wait until you come out this way...as I have three (3) trips already planned for next year...out your way. One of us has to ride

Drone I still have no idea what that is !
    My cobra 6 by 6 are awesome an are quieter than my drilled out pipes !
    But I bought them for only 1 thing 6 pipes out the back !
    Ok he's done

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Well,,, some things never will change,,,

No worries,,, the rest of us dumb bastards still know how to have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Well,,, some things never will change,,,

No worries,,, the rest of us dumb bastards still know how to have fun!

[QUOTE=Scotrod;15801]I don't believe ANY aftermarket manufacturer provides or offers black forward shields with their black F6B slip-on pipes.

Its not black but black chrome/nickel.Torq Masters gives you forward shields in black chrome/nickel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by Kawi69 View Post
    Hey Dustin,
    I'm thinking of getting 6-2-6 in Black. Can I get
    Black clamps & Heat Shields with it. What are the $$$$$
    for whole setup.

Thanks

Kawi69
    Hey Kawi,

I told the engineering guys that we need to do something about the clamps, so hopefully at some point in the near future we will have black clamps. In the mean time, a quick shot with some black spray paint will do the trick to hide the clamps a little better. And as for shields, I don't know when that will happen to be honest. I will definitely let everyone know if/when we start producing black shields.

Thanks!
    Dustin
    www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Cobra, I liked the sound, and while I did NOT take the bike out onto the highway and run it at highway speeds for a long period of time, I think that Kevins' bike has little to no drone to it. On my own F6B, as a temporary solution...while I wait for this Winter to come...and by then most aftermarket manufacturers will have their final products for the F6B available with no wait-list...I went ahead and drilled my OEM exhaust, and after some fine tuning, I have little to no drone, and my pipes sound as good as any Cobra, Rush, or Torqmaster pipes I have heard.

But...before all the wise-crackers on here pipe up (pun intended), my hearing has been seriously affected by being hit with a lightning strike on the helmet, on 9-5-13. So with blown out ear drums, I don't hear as well as most people do. However, I can still hear THE drone...at highway speeds, for longer distances, if I intentionaly make my exhaust drone. I don't want to do that...intentionally...that is why I have it fine tuned (again, pun inteded)

To be honest with you, I know how to fix the drone problem on the new 6-2-6 pipes, but...I contacted Cobra in a PM, and the response was to blow me off, so I am keeping my secret fix close to the vest, and sharing it only with

And I don't even drink !

CAN YOU SHARE WITH ME HOW TO FIX THE DROME PROBLEM ON THE COBRA 626 I AM EXPERIENCING A DRONE SOUND ON MY PIPES.

THANKS

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Eh,,, Looks like quite a few posts were deleted here. Probably best to let this one die,,,

alscott,, the info/opinions you seek are listed in another thread:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...t=torque+loops

(I can not personally confirm or deny the effectiveness of the 2 different fixes mentioned.)

After a few months watching the posts on this issue, I have determined that the only way for me to stop the drone with my Cobra pipes is to live with it and ignore, or sell the things and go back to stocks......I will wait until Spring to decided after I ride for a few more weeks..Due to the lousy weather in MI. the bike is put away in the garage until next year...(Damn)....