Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install - Page 6
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

COBRA PIPES

Thanks for the information. I just want to see what they look like. The Chrome ones do look good. I think I will pull the trigger on Tuesday and Call Cobra at the same time to ask about the front part of the pipe and if they will supply free (ha ha) or at an additional cost. Thanks again for the info. As we move closer to 3 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    If and when they come out in Black...someone will buy the chrome ones off you...Polish before install and break them in for someone!!!!
    Got them this pm before going to work. I'll have them and the speedohealer installed after work in the am. Can't wait to see and hear them and hope my speedohealer works as intended. I will take good care if them and keep the box in case I have to swap them for black later.

Cool

Chrome pipes came in today.... removed the Oringial Cobra's and installed the 6's... I down loaded a decibel meter and measured the original Cobra’s at 102 decibels….. I then installed the 6’s… same 102 decibels…with one difference….. the 6’s are reminiscent of the guttural sounds of the Devil from the Pit of Hell … U Tube video to follow……. I want to put some miles on them first…I will go out for a 100 mile ride tomorrow and then do a video !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Okay,... installations are done. Got the 6 2 6 pipes on and got speedohealer and gear indicator installed. Still need to calibrate the speedohealer values, but I'll do that once I have my Iphone holder installed so I can use the GPS function as an accurate reference.

I took it for a ride with the baffles in and it was much improved over stock and sounded very nice; I think that most people who like a little more growl would love it. The look and fit is not done justice by pics. I was worried, from seeing pics, that the chrome would look bombastic on the bike. That impression, I think, was because of the angle from which the pics I saw were taken. In reality, the setup looks lean because when you're standing up looking at the bike you don't see 3 pipes stacked. As was pointed out before, it looks really badass from the rear; this also is different than I've seen on pics. Simply put, the setup looks much better than you see on pics.

So, as I said, I took a test ride... I was not really exited about the results. The sound didn't give me the thrill that I remember getting from a valk with the triple Cobras years ago. So, out went the baffles and all hell broke loose when I cranked it The sound is hard to describe, but it sure justified me spending the money; it is a very deeeep sinister idle that wakes up into a roaring sabertooth tiger when you twist the throttle. Actually, it would probably scare away a sabertooth tiger. Needless to say... I love it!! I'm sure most of my fellow wingers will not, but some of you probably would. As the cobra guy put it in their demo clip,... "these pipes are BADASS"

Make us a sound clip without the baffles! Please

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    I second that! Soon, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    Just got home from a night ride. The sound is not an issue for me around town or on the interstate. just sweet!
    I'll try to post a clip tomorrow since I'm not sure how to do that of the top of my head, but I'll figure it out in the am.

Great write up dgman2. I can't wait to hear that growl.

Steve, I can't wait to hear your comments too. I'm so jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Chrome pipes came in today.... removed the Oringial Cobra's and installed the 6's... I down loaded a decibel meter and measured the original Cobra’s at 102 decibels….. I then installed the 6’s… same 102 decibels…with one difference….. the 6’s are reminiscent of the guttural sounds of the Devil from the Pit of Hell … U Tube video to follow……. I want to puts some miles on them first…I will go out for a 100 mile ride tomorrow and then do a video !!!
    Steve, what are you going to do with that first set of Cobra pipes ??????

I too am interested in the 6-2-6 pipes from Cobra, and very much appreciate those of you that are sending us the info firsthand. Thank you.

I put the 626 pipes on my bike and actually the drone between 60 and 80 was to much for me. So I pulled the baffles and wrapped them in 1/2 in. muffler fiberglass and reinstalled. Much better for me.
    Jakec