Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install - Page 8
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Quote Originally Posted by dgman2 View Post
    Thanks for the tips Steve.

Below, is the link to a quick sample video I made this evening. I will post a better video later when I have another pair of hands.
    Wow, sounds GREAT! Is that with the baffles removed?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    OLE CHIT! That DOES sound rather rambunctious!!!
    Sounds way better than I thought it would!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Wow, sounds GREAT! Is that with the baffles removed?
    Yes, that is with baffles removed. I apologize for not getting this posted earlier and for not posting a more comprehensive clip, but I got in a bind for time and needed some help to do a take off and drive by. To make matters worse, its been raining tigers and bears here. The video clip does give you an idea of the sound, but it actually sounds much better in person.

Are the baffles easy to remove and replace? It would be great if they could just be changed back at will.

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Are the baffles easy to remove and replace? It would be great if they could just be changed back at will.

Richie
    Yes, Just one screw each. They can be replaced and removed again anytime.

Cool

Interesting...... sounds like mine with the baffles in.....I will try to post a video Sun..... baffels in.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Interesting...... sounds like mine with thInteresting......I will try to post a video Sun..... baffels in.....
    And that is true. It sounds very much the same as it does with the baffles in, except for the fact that it is much louder. The deep sound are also deeper and more potent sounding at idle. Also, keep in mind that, as I said before, the sound you're hearing on the clip is not exactly what you will hear in person.

As I said I would I did make a Video today .... I had my wife follow me in the car and had my son lean out the window to capture the sound of the 6's .... picture came out great but could not hear the pipes over the wind noise.... I am now sitting hear thinking of removing the baffles to hear what that sounds like.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

As I said I would I did make a Video today .... I had my wife follow me in the car and had my son lean out the window to capture the sound of the 6's .... picture came out great but could not hear the pipes over the wind noise.... I am now sitting hear thinking of removing the baffles to hear what that sounds like.....
    What if your wife or son held the camera while riding on the back with you? Maybe hold the camera behind them, or strap the camera to the rack or seat post.

Rode my bike to work tonight, since the rain stopped today. The sound is not an issue for me, but I can see a possibility of hearing a drone with a taller shield. I still have my stock shield.

It might be simpler for you to just pull the baffles; it's only 1 screw per baffle. Make sure your pipes are cold. They don't come out easily if they are hot or warm. I labeled mine so they will go back where they came from if I choose to put them back in, even though they are all the same.

By the way, the speedo healer does its job well! Yeeehaw to that!!