Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install - Page 9
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Has anyone purchased a smuggler unit to do a review??? The salesperson at Corbin stated, " we can't keep them on the shelf"...... and he did not have one in the store and said the are built to order...about 6 weeks delay...

I might do the smuggler for the " Look " but over all I am very happy with my Stock seat after a little modification...
    I ordered the smuggler seat/trunk about 4 weeks ago, so I'm about 2 weeks out. Once I get it and get a few miles in the saddle I'll post a review. I'm having them reshape the front of the saddle so I can can both feet flat footed on the ground......darned 28" in-seam.

Thanks Billy!!! It is a nice looking combo!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Cool

Bobby... I will pull the baffles and tie the phone to the bike and go for a ride.... maybe wed!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Question for Cobra guys

Have any of you guys removed the cats?

Bobby... I will pull the baffles and tie the phone to the bike and go for a ride.... maybe wed!!!
    Cool Steve. I hope you're not just doing it for us though.

Steve, did you miss my response to your post?

Cool

No I read it...made me want to remove the baffles..... I was just trying to get a clear sound of the pipes for those on the fence...

No Cats are still on...

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote1998 View Post
    Have any of you guys removed the cats?
    I dd not remove cats and would not do that... As much as I like loud, for me it's loud enough with the baffles pulled. In addition, pulling the cats will probably mess with your gas mileage and will emit stinky exhaust gasses. The quality of your sound might be effected also and may be raspy... Don't know for sure, but I think you would not easily find someone wanting more once they hear the cobras without baffles.

No I read it...made me want to remove the baffles..... I was just trying to get a clear sound of the pipes for those on the fence...

No Cats are still on...
    Just a quick note before I go to sleep. On my way to work, I was mostly preoccupied with testing my speedo healer and missed something I need to share. On the way home I paid closer attention to the sound of the pipes and there is a drone at lower speeds. At 70mph and lower, when maintaining a set speed and when accelerating in 5th from those speeds it's there. As you go faster it goes away. At 80 it's gone and it stays gone from there on.

This might be an issue for some of you and you might be happier with the baffles in. I guess it is one of those things you will have to judge individually.

I'm trying to imagine this "drone" thing. Is it noise while wearing a helmet or does that matter? I guess it's like some vibrating humming sound or something? I guess I've never had it before.