What do you think. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    I saw these before they were put on. They are interesting. Also has a larger wheel on this Wing. Attachment 20564

What are your thoughts for the F6B?
    If you like it, what I think doesn't matter much. I don't see how they can be comfortable, but I've never rode with a set.

You want it, get it!

Just remember, PICs or it never happened...

Why would you want to make yourself into a huge parachute. Plus installation isn't cheap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Ape Hangers

My ex brother-in-law thought he would be cool and put them on his Triumph. It was a basket case to begin with, but he liked it. He went for a long ride on an 85 degree day. When he got home and woke up the next morning, he found that his underarms and armpits were severely burned (2nd degree). All I could do was laugh at the dumb shit!!! Every time I see them I think of him and what that rider is in for.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Could save some money on underarm deodorant.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    I saw these before they were put on. They are interesting. Also has a larger wheel on this Wing. Attachment 20564

What are your thoughts for the F6B?
    There is only one word that I can describe it with---and it is a word I do not use often.

fugly
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have to say I had the 12" mini apes on the Harley Fatboy and that bike fit me like a glove.

I found myself wishing I had them on the 1800 mile trip I just completed this past week. I had the bike set up fairly well with the Mustang seat, ergo 3s, Ausie Cruise, my Harley Leather covered tourpack, JBL speakers, Madstad windshield, Kuryakyn USB power supply, several helmets with Sena Bluetooth (short, half and full face).

I put enough securely strapped down stuff between me and the tour pack to form a perfect back rest. If only the handlebars came back about 4 more inches. I have the Kuryakyn risers but they are not the same as the way the mini Apes come back just perfect.

Will the Helibars give me my added 4 inches and the nice F6B look I am after?
    Steve

Don't really mater what we think. If that's what you want go for it. I would try it out given the chance. I have ridden with apes and they are not all that bad. but on the Wing? Not too sure.....

I say go for the mini apes. Take before and after pics and some along the way if you do it yourself. I'd like to see the transformation.

Id like to see someone split the difference in height between stock and the first pic with same style bars.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I have to say I had the 12" mini apes on the Harley Fatboy and that bike fit me like a glove.

I found myself wishing I had them on the 1800 mile trip I just completed this past week. I had the bike set up fairly well with the Mustang seat, ergo 3s, Ausie Cruise, my Harley Leather covered tourpack, JBL speakers, Madstad windshield, Kuryakyn USB power supply, several helmets with Sena Bluetooth (short, half and full face).

I put enough securely strapped down stuff between me and the tour pack to form a perfect back rest. If only the handlebars came back about 4 more inches. I have the Kuryakyn risers but they are not the same as the way the mini Apes come back just perfect.

Will the Helibars give me my added 4 inches and the nice F6B look I am after?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    There is only one word that I can describe it with---and it is a word I do not use often.

fugly
    That's 2 words.

As far as the first picture goes, the cross member support looks like it interferes with the ignition key and a PITA to remove the console cover.

I would not like to do the mini apes for the looks. To me a motorcycle is all about comfort with performance. If it looks good while doing it then that is something amazing. That is why I think all I need to do is add the Helibars to get me back about 4 inches into my back rest luggage on long trips or up against my Mustang seat built in backrest.

I do not want to mess with the look of the bike. Believe me my F6B is my baby and I love her. I almost got in a few fights when I enthusiastically talked / bragged about how much better the F6B was than any Harley I ever rode at the bars in Thunder Beach.

How is the project going with the tour pack made for the F6B that is a drivers back rest and an extended tour pack with rear speaker pods?
    Steve