Can I say INEPT!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I say INEPT!

Can I say INEPT!

Well the last straw from my original dealer, just before I wrote them off and knowing they were totally incompetent and I would never take my B back to them. They sold me an oil filter wrench so I could change my oil on the bike myself, of course its the wrong one. I probably should have known that when I bought it from them, their all idiots at that dealership.

Make Life Easy

Here's a remedy that really works and cost literally nothing! Several minutes of your time and you'll be "golden"

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...earance-Remedy

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Well the last straw from my original dealer, just before I wrote them off and knowing they were totally incompetent and I would never take my B back to them. They sold me an oil filter wrench so I could change my oil on the bike myself, of course its the wrong one. I probably should have known that when I bought it from them, their all idiots at that dealership.

Don't feel alone. My Stealership sold me the WRONG oil. It took an Act of Congress; to get them to admit to it, and exchange it

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Oh boy!

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Don't feel alone. My Stealership sold me the WRONG oil. It took an Act of Congress; to get them to admit to it, and exchange it
    Whatever happened to the customer is always right! Customer service at most of these dealerships is right out the window. As long as they get their buck it seems they don't care whether the customer is happy with their service. They just lose customers and really don't seem to care or worry them a bit.

shooter
    Dog you need to just get over it.

Order the oil change kit from Wingstuff which includes the wrench, magnetic oil plug, filter, and washers all in one and your "good to go"....Ride safe

Whatever happened to the customer is always right! Customer service at most of these dealerships is right out the window. As long as they get their buck it seems they don't care whether the customer is happy with their service. They just lose customers and really don't seem to care or worry them a bit.
    I have to wonder if the owner knows what is happening. Owning a sales and service shop myself (unrelated to motorcycles) I catch things from time to time and have to call a customer myself to get their side or apologize for a issue gone bad. When I hear someone as dissatisfied as yourself I just wonder if it is an isolated incident, or do they have a problem employee. Maybe the owner doesn't get the feedback, which may be his fault for not getting involved in his business as he should. Or he just doesn't know how to handle problems.

For me here at my shop.... if your happy with us tell your friends, and if your not please come tell ME.

And yes ,, good help is hard to find!!!
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

The new dealer

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I have to wonder if the owner knows what is happening. Owning a sales and service shop myself (unrelated to motorcycles) I catch things from time to time and have to call a customer myself to get their side or apologize for a issue gone bad. When I hear someone as dissatisfied as yourself I just wonder if it is an isolated incident, or do they have a problem employee. Maybe the owner doesn't get the feedback, which may be his fault for not getting involved in his business as he should. Or he just doesn't know how to handle problems.

For me here at my shop.... if your happy with us tell your friends, and if your not please come tell ME.

And yes ,, good help is hard to find!!!
    The new dealer I go to now listened to all the problems that came of my dealings with the original dealership and then told me that they had heard horror stories come out of that shop and I wasn't the only one that had a lot of major trouble with their workmanship what little there was of it. So I am not the only one that was complaining and I did call the owner of the shop when I discovered the feeble attempt at servicing my bike, they didn't check the final drive, 3 0unces low, when they service the final drive and the engine, they filled the final drive sitting on the side stand, way overfilled it. They overfilled the engine oil by almost a quart that I had to drain out along with the overfill on the final drive reservoir. I explained all that to the owner and told him I would never be back for service or anything else from his shop. I was and still am appalled at the lack of professionalism by these Honda shops that just don't seem to care about their customers. At least have professionally trained mechanics, I don't think that is too little to ask.

I go by the old addage

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Dog you need to just get over it.
    That the squeaky wheel get the oil and if your unwilling to complain about bad service nothing will ever change. Maybe it never will but if your complaints are not voiced they surely will never change. Give the next person to deal with them a chance to get his bike serviced properly. That is why I won't ever quit whining as you put it. I know some people would rather just walk away and believe me when I tell you I am not one of those people and never will be. If some thing is wrong somebody is going to get an earful.