Finally got my F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my F6B

Quote Originally Posted by gmorstad View Post
    I am the same size as you and I can tell you, the sixteen inch Clearview with the upturn is too short. My helmet shield has to be all the way down or the bugs flow right over the top of the Clearview and under the face shield. It is being replaced by an eighteen inch F4. Hopefully that will work. Good luck
    Did your Clearview have the recurve? TIA
    Albuquerque, NM

I have a Windbender and I like it very much. I have the low version and it has a lot of adjustability but even in the lowest setting the laminar lip kicks the air up and over my helmet enough that I can ride comfortably with the visor on my helmet up.
    The Windbreaker is a two piece windshield so it possible to have two or even all three heights of the top shield which are very easy to change out.

Just my thoughts but very comfortable for me.

Added clarification - yes I have the re-curve and I have the shield in the up most position.

I use to have the Baggershield - with both screens in place I was getting wind turbulence at the top of my helmet that would rattle my few brain cells I have left. I switch to the Clearview and bought their widest, tallest shield they had. The wind now goes above my helmet. Don't get me wrong I can stretch up a little and look over the shield with little difficulties and still the wind is satisfactory.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Added clarification - yes I have the re-curve and I have the shield in the up most position.

I use to have the Baggershield - with both screens in place I was getting wind turbulence at the top of my helmet that would rattle my few brain cells I have left. I switch to the Clearview and bought their widest, tallest shield they had. The wind now goes above my helmet. Don't get me wrong I can stretch up a little and look over the shield with little difficulties and still the wind is satisfactory.
    I have the Baggershield extended to the max position and it works great for me..No windnoise/buffeting or other issues some have..I also have the lower Mustang seat which I really like...I am 5'9" with a short 29" inseam about 195lbs and all is well on rides for me....Ride safe and enjoy the bike...

Windbender.....

I've a Windbender too and it's one of the best engineered windshields I have ever owned. I have the windshield in it's lowest position (so I can look over the windshield) with a full face helmet and have no bugs on the helmet, although some have hit the top of my helmet. When I want to use the open face helmet I raise it one notch (I can still look over the windshield) and have yet to get a bug in my face. I'm 5'7" tall, but because of the design the wind goes right over my head taking bugs with it. If you are 6'1", all you would have to do is raise the windshield up a couple of notches or adjust it till you were satisfied.

Ride Safe but Often!!!

Baggershield

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    My thinking may be all wrong then, nothing like the medium clearview would be effective? Something about bugs and this bike too. Got a lot of bugs on the way home. Maybee the two headlamps?
    The best of both worlds, 19 inch when running into the cold and invert the top piece to bring it down to 11 inches when its warm as heck, I had that bagger shield on before the bike ever left the dealership and have never been sorry it is there. Of course opinions vary and that is what make the world go round.

Hey, the bike and helmet look just like mine! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Did your Clearview have the recurve? TIA
    Yes it does.

My thinking may be all wrong then, nothing like the medium clearview would be effective? Something about bugs and this bike too. Got a lot of bugs on the way home. Maybee the two headlamps?
    I will say I have a tall torso and 32" inseam so maybe that makes a difference but a guy that was thinking about buying my windshield stands 5'10" and he thought it was perfect. Definitely not for me. I no longer buy the buzz about the upward curve. Still too much wind and way too many bugs.

By the way, get the Kuryakyn ergo pegs as soon as possible. Your knees will be very thankful.