Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
My reasons for being in Canada are personal, and have nothing to do with what I think of any country good or bad. I've been privileged to have lived in many countries in Europe, Africa, Asia, and North America. All have their good and bad points.

I've never got personal here (unlike others) or made any claims about the greatness of one country over another. Just curiously asked the question, that I wonder if Trump is able to back up the extra ordinary promises he's made during his campaign, as he never actually fleshed out how he intends to deliver these promises.

Not sure how this has degenerated to an attack on me or Britain/Canada.
FYI, illegal aliens cost the US taxpayers over a net $100+ Billion/year. Eliminating that problem would pay for the wall in less than a single year, yielding surpluses every year from there on. The wall, deportations and enforcing the law is a very cost effective option if you look at the numbers. All of the liberal rags scream how expensive the wall will be, but they conveniently forget to mention the other side of the balance sheet which is many times larger. The American taxpayers would like their money back.

Here is an engineer's cost estimate of $17 Billion (one time expense) to build the wall. Last time I checked, a single payment of $17 Billion is way smaller than $100+ Billion / year. The author compares it against NASA's budget, but never once compares it against the much larger reoccurring illegal alien costs to the USofA.

Engineer's Cost Estimate