Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just Sayin

Attachment 20690
    JAYGO

Make America Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by jaygollner View Post
    Just Sayin

Attachment 20690
    That doesn't make any sense, it may look great on a bumper sticker, but it is ignorant of the fact that in the Bill of Rights the very first amendment was the demand that the new government cannot prohibit the free exercise of religion. It established a constitutional right to basically pray any way you want without the government telling you what to pray, like King George's Church of England.

Written here on this Christian Forum the 8th day of May in the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Sixteen

Go Trump

Your almost right about the first amendment, what it says is that there can not be an official American religion and that you can worship any god you care to. Those wise old chaps knew a thing or two about religious persecution and were determined to not have any of it. So you can exercise your religion almost any way you want, except for ways clearly illegal like performing human sacrifice, smoking pot, etc.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    That doesn't make any sense, it may look great on a bumper sticker, but it is ignorant of the fact that in the Bill of Rights the very first amendment was the demand that the new government cannot prohibit the free exercise of religion. It established a constitutional right to basically pray any way you want without the government telling you what to pray, like King George's Church of England.

Written here on this Christian Forum the 8th day of May in the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Sixteen

Go Trump
    JAYGO

JAYGO

Your almost right about the first amendment, what it says is that there can not be an official American religion and that you can worship any god you care to. Those wise old chaps knew a thing or two about religious persecution and were determined to not have any of it. So you can exercise your religion almost any way you want, except for ways clearly illegal like performing human sacrifice, smoking pot, etc.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
    You're saying the same thing, if there is no official American religion then it's telling the government, being the Bill of Rights was protection against the government dictate, you have the Constitutional Right to exercise any religion you choose. My point is that your bumper sticker assertion that my freedom of religion ends where your constitutional right begins doesn't make sense when freedom of religion IS a Constitutional Right.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    You're saying the same thing, if there is no official American religion then it's telling the government, being the Bill of Rights was protection against the government dictate, you have the Constitutional Right to exercise any religion you choose. My point is that your bumper sticker assertion that my freedom of religion ends where your constitutional right begins doesn't make sense when freedom of religion IS a Constitutional Right.
    Your religion cannot dictate how I live my life, that is the message of my original post. Many would try to impose their morals which are based on their religious upbringing on others. You perhaps believe that your religion allows you to discriminate against gays or people of color but the law says otherwise. So I stand by my assertion that your freedom of religion ends where my constitutional rights begin, so no matter what you can't make me eat Kosher unless that's what I want to eat.
    JAYGO

Your religion cannot dictate how I live my life, that is the message of my original post. Many would try to impose their morals which are based on their religious upbringing on others. You perhaps believe that your religion allows you to discriminate against gays or people of color but the law says otherwise. So I stand by my assertion that your freedom of religion ends where my constitutional rights begin, so no matter what you can't make me eat Kosher unless that's what I want to eat.
    What? One more time, freedom of religion is a constitutional right. How transsexuals following little girls into the bathroom got into the discussion I don't know. Actually it's homosexuals that are trying to force the Church to accept their lifestyle, and we won't, specifically, because of Canon Law and, more importantly, our constitutional right, you got it bass ackwards. You don't want eat Kosher don't, no skin off my brisket. The Catholic Church has more people of color in it than the Liberal, lillywhite, racist Academy Awards of the last two years. Liberals are the true racists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDQ1vIuvZI

Donald Trump will unite all the people Democrats, Republicans, Commies, homos, lipstick lesbians (not the bull daggers), swingers and even bisexuals, no trannies though.

Let's "Make America Great Again"

Written and posted on this Christian forum on this 8th day of Our Lord Jesus Christ Two Thousand and Sixteen

Attached Images Attached Images