Solo Tour for Wedding & Parental Visit
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solo Tour for Wedding & Parental Visit

Solo Tour for Wedding & Parental Visit

Heading out at 0600 Thursday towards Alexandria VA for a wedding of one of my old squadron mates. Should make it to somewhere near Greensboro, NC before I get too wet.
    Friday I roll in to his place for the wedding and reception that night.
    Ride with him on Saturday, heading back west later in the day towards Dallas.
    My route and timing will be weather dependent.
    Stay a few days in Dallas then head south to visit one of my former CrewChiefs near Austin and then hopefully an F6B buddy in the Houston area.
    Then head back to NW Florida, to be home by Saturday.

This is the latest iteration:
    https://goo.gl/maps/Se7Z62x3mvJ2

If anyone is on that route and wants to meet up, please let me know. Of course, I will be deviating on the western portion for weather as required, probably south. Other than being at the wedding by 1700 on Friday, I am not committed as I realize I am not getting to Dallas in time for Mother's Day without really pushing it, and I don't care to do that.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    Steve , be careful. Riding solo is not what it used to be. Although enjoyable , not the safest thing to do. At least you are in a decent area of the country. Pack a box of 50 and a few extra magazines. Safe passage buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Steve , be careful. Riding solo is not what it used to be. Although enjoyable , not the safest thing to do. At least you are in a decent area of the country. Pack a box of 50 and a few extra magazines. Safe passage buddy.
    ...roger. WilCo. Black Hills "special rounds."
    Josey Wales load out.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

GaTeach
    You'll be within thirty minutes of me!!!! Stop by and I'll make sure you get some pie! Or shine. Lol. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    You'll be within thirty minutes of me!!!! Stop by and I'll make sure you get some pie! Or shine. Lol. Or both.
    Hmm. Pie & shine. Sounds like a sugar/alcohol high waiting to happen! Probably shouldn't ride after that either. Got a lonely sofa too?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Hey there Steve, not sure if you were aware Tx 130 around your Georgetown/Austin stint is tolled. That being said, speed limit is 80+ on it and nice as long as you aren't hitting traffic times. Either way you go through Austin, holler at me. You pass within a few miles of my house whether you are on 130 or I-35. Would be happy to put some food in yer belly, maybe even ride out towards your Dale stop via an alternate, more twisty route. I'll pm you my number.

Well of course you always have a place to stay in New Orleans buddy just let me know when you are coming throught and we will make it happen. Even if you are just rolling through we will definitely have lunch somewhere on your route.

Grant

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by blueverclear View Post
    Well of course you always have a place to stay in New Orleans buddy just let me know when you are coming throught and we will make it happen. Even if you are just rolling through we will definitely have lunch somewhere on your route.

Grant
    But do you have pie?

Rolling north!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

GaTeach
    Enjoy the ride! I'm jealous!

Just a word of advice: They don't take too kindly to motorcycles passing slow cars in the turning lane here in Georgia. Watch out for that.