Can't find a part number
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't find a part number

Can't find a part number

Looking in my manual for the cheap plastic valve stem support that falls off. Yea, mine is now gone too. Does anybody have the part number and/or a good source to get a replacement.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This piece? Number 5 in the image....same part is used on the back tire as well.

Attachment 20625

HOLDER, RIM VALVE 42754-MN5-000 $3.00

Thanks. $3 part and $8 shipping. Guess I will check the stealer.

thye will just order the part from the same place, and then charge you more for it!

Next time you change your tires, do what I did and replace those stock valve stems with metal 90 degree bolt in stems. Then you won't need those keepers anymore. Makes it so much easier to check your air pressure and add air if needed. Becomes a one handed operation, where you really need two hands with the stock valve stems.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Next time you change your tires, do what I did and replace those stock valve stems with metal 90 degree bolt in stems. Then you won't need those keepers anymore. Makes it so much easier to check your air pressure and add air if needed. Becomes a one handed operation, where you really need two hands with the stock valve stems.
    As a friend of mine from our Valkyrie forum says, "Friends don't let friends ride with plastic keeper valve stems". Those things have been the cause of several accidents among folks I know from coming off and allowing the valve stem to move around at speed due to centrifugal force and cause a rapid tire deflation event. As Jimmy pointed out the bolt in ones also make it much easier to check your tire pressure.

I strongly suggest changing them out on your next tire change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    As a friend of mine from our Valkyrie forum says, "Friends don't let friends ride with plastic keeper valve stems". Those things have been the cause of several accidents among folks I know from coming off and allowing the valve stem to move around at speed due to centrifugal force and cause a rapid tire deflation event. As Jimmy pointed out the bolt in ones also make it much easier to check your tire pressure.

Put them on the previous bike and will on this one too, but, will wait for a tire replacement first. Not going through all that without a tire swap.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

$4.59 from local Honda store

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Put them on the previous bike and will on this one too, but, will wait for a tire replacement first. Not going through all that without a tire swap.
    You can bet the farm that is what is going to happen!!!! Just replaced both tires less than 500 miles ago.

I expect the stems to last less than a year. I should be in need of tires by the end of this season, and I only got the bike in November.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Cool

It is possible to change out the stems w/o dismounting the tire but you do have to break the bead...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com