Confessions from the Darkside - UPDATE

Thread: Confessions from the Darkside - UPDATE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    You can't just generically put a number on tire pressure. Well , you can but it will be wrong. Tire pressure in this application should be based on how you ride , how much weight you are carrying , and as Monk said , where you ride. I run 40 lbs in my Alpin. I'm a big guy and my wife isn't petite. Most if the time I'm riding 2 up. With myself and my wife my passenger weight is close to 500 lbs. The right tire pressure for that isn't going to be the same as a 175 pound guy. I get even tire wear at that pressure and it feels great solo or two up.
    Yes, so true!!

I have a friend that always ran his Alpin between 38-40. But he was a pretty good size fellow.

Your PSI sweet spot has to be determined through experimentation, based on your particular parameters.
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

shooter
    Gonna be down your way Monk , June 9-12 in Branson. Looking forward to riding over the mountain from Harrison to Russellville. Got a family group coming with me. If I see a Red B I'll give you a big wave. Gonna take them across the bridge at Beaver into Eureka Springs and of course eat at the Cliff Inn on Hwy 7. I got a brochure from Harrison board of tourism with some preplanned routes and attractions. Might do some of that also. Happy Riding.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Gonna be down your way Monk , June 9-12 in Branson. Looking forward to riding over the mountain from Harrison to Russellville. Got a family group coming with me. If I see a Red B I'll give you a big wave. Gonna take them across the bridge at Beaver into Eureka Springs and of course eat at the Cliff Inn on Hwy 7. I got a brochure from Harrison board of tourism with some preplanned routes and attractions. Might do some of that also. Happy Riding.
    Hope you have a great trip to Arkansas!!

I've seen those brochures from Harrison. While they have some good information, in my opinion, most of the routes could stand to be tweeked some. But, I like getting off the main routes and into the back roads.

Be advised, highway 7 has several spots with road construction. I prefer this route on highway 21 from Harrison to Russellville: https://goo.gl/maps/efANrWvar5o

It is a little further, but more rural with less traffic and better curves. And if you leave early from Harrison, you stand a real good chance of seeing the Elk in the Boxley valley.

If you need help with routes, etc. let me know.
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

shooter
    Thanks for the info Monk. Might go your way early to see the elk and come back across 7 to eat at the Cliff Inn. Thanks again.