Confessions from the Darkside - UPDATE - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Confessions from the Darkside - UPDATE

*** You have to remember riding styles has everything to do with tire life! Do you live in the mountains or FLA...big difference !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    24k miles on a MC tire isn't a riding style. Its a lot of easy riding with not much high speed or corners and not much weight on a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    *** You have to remember riding styles has everything to do with tire life! Do you live in the mountains or FLA...big difference !!!

Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Was that mileage on your Harley or F6B?
    Bob109,
    That mileage was on my Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    Bob109,
    Was that mileage on the trailer or truck that was hauling the Harley?

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Was that mileage on the trailer or truck that was hauling the Harley?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    Bob109,
    I kind of suspected that. First, your Harley has a different rack and trail on the front end in comparison to the 6. Have several friends who own Harley's and routinely get 24K miles from front tires so that is not new or unheard of. The rear tire is another story, especially on the 6. With just 1190 miles on my stock Stone, there was a apparent flat spot in the tire center. I personally doubt that tire would have delivered any mileage over 7/8 K miles. That was one of the primary reasons I yanked the tire and went "Dark Side" I'm not overly zealous with the throttle but I must admit I don't baby the "right grip" either. I suspect that big old 1800 + CC horizontally opposed flat sixes power contributes to some tire scrubbing especially climbing steep, long hills without ever "down shifting. You, of course, are in a position to make a "side by side comparison" as you own both bikes. That said, it will be interesting to see/hear when you report out on what actual mileage you achieve with the 6 and stock Stone or any other rear cycle tire for that matter Please keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I kind of suspected that. First, your Harley has a different rack and trail on the front end in comparison to the 6. Have several friends who own Harley's and routinely get 24K miles from front tires so that is not new or unheard of. The rear tire is another story, especially on the 6. With just 1190 miles on my stock Stone, there was a apparent flat spot in the tire center. I personally doubt that tire would have delivered any mileage over 7/8 K miles. That was one of the primary reasons I yanked the tire and went "Dark Side" I'm not overly zealous with the throttle but I must admit I don't baby the "right grip" either. I suspect that big old 1800 + CC horizontally opposed flat sixes power contributes to some tire scrubbing especially climbing steep, long hills without ever "down shifting. You, of course, are in a position to make a "side by side comparison" as you own both bikes. That said, it will be interesting to see/hear when you report out on what actual mileage you achieve with the 6 and stock Stone or any other rear cycle tire for that matter Please keep us posted
    Bob109,
    I'm not overly aggressive on the Harley. There's not enough HP to do a whole lot intense riding. The suspension on the Harley is a weak point for that type of riding. I suspect you're right, I may not do as well with the F6B. The mileage I got on the dunlops surprised me for sure. Here's a pic of the rear tire right before I got new skins put on. I've manage 1500 miles on the B in between raindrops since new. Of course the tires still look new. I will do a side by side comparison in the future.

Attachment 20818