Confessions from the Darkside - UPDATE - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confessions from the Darkside - UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    If I am not mistaken, they are no longer made.

Who knows for sure. You are probably right though.

air pressure

Davidk,

My first Michelin Primacy Alpin I ran at 41 psi and it only lasted 27,850 miles. The sides had good tread but the center was down to the wear bars. I now have 6,000 miles my second Alpin and running 32psi the wear is even across the tire.

I'm very pleased with the performance and handling. I picked up a screw on a trip last year and it seemed to be a good bit harder to get a plug into this tire.

Happy riding on your Alpin.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

shooter
    Only 27,850. Boy , we are suffering now. Four times the mileage for the same money. Not bad.

I wish a US dealer still had stock. 60 dollars shipping from 1010---that's high, imo. And with this tire being discontinued, I'm wondering what the date codes are on their stock. I might just wait for the next greatest zp tire.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    I wish a US dealer still had stock. 60 dollars shipping from 1010---that's high, imo. And with this tire being discontinued, I'm wondering what the date codes are on their stock. I might just wait for the next greatest zp tire.
    Shipping was $15 for the tire for me from 1010tires. My tire's date showed it to be 1 year old.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

What is the advantage of running at 32-34? What is the disadvantage of running it at 41?

If you will try it...I doubt you will see a difference other than tire life.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    Davidk,

My first Michelin Primacy Alpin I ran at 41 psi and it only lasted 27,850 miles. The sides had good tread but the center was down to the wear bars. I now have 6,000 miles my second Alpin and running 32psi the wear is even across the tire.

I'm very pleased with the performance and handling. I picked up a screw on a trip last year and it seemed to be a good bit harder to get a plug into this tire.

Same experience I had !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Shipping was $15 for the tire for me from 1010tires. My tire's date showed it to be 1 year old.
    Thanks, Dave for the info. The 60 dollars showed when I put in my west of Chicago zip code under the "estimate shipping" box

. Maybe I'll try it again and see what the final shipping cost is.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    Davidk,

I'm surprised at the low miles you get on these car tires. I got 24k on my Dunlop 3 MC tires, front and rear. I was expecting to hear numbers in the area of 50k miles for the car tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    I'm surprised at the low miles you get on these car tires. I got 24k on my Dunlop 3 MC tires, front and rear. I was expecting to hear numbers in the area of 50k miles for the car tires.
    Was that mileage on your Harley or F6B?