engine hesitation stall
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: engine hesitation stall

engine hesitation stall

Anyone else experience engine hesitation stall when just starting a ride? I've read other post concerning this problem on the 2012 to 2013 Wings. What is the problem? Has Honda come up with a fix? \

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post
    Anyone else experience engine hesitation stall when just starting a ride? I've read other post concerning this problem on the 2012 to 2013 Wings. What is the problem? Has Honda come up with a fix? \
    Yes-Unknown-No

Honda must know what the problem is. Its not rocket science. They just not have acknowledge it yet. They need to as to avoid a class action suit, which lawyers around these parts are famous for. Its a major safety issue.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Do you let the engine warm up to the 'C' mark before you depart?
    Do you have NGK spark plugs?

Will let it warm up more to see if that helps and switch to premium fuel. I assumed the plugs I have from the factory are correct, it not, why wasn't I made aware of it? Ive read other so called 'fixes' to the problem. But it ain't my problem. Its Honda's. Will keep you posted.

I suspect it has something to do with fuel mixing while cold. Letting it warm up a bit is not a bad thing. I let mine warm up for a minute or two and don't have any problems. As technology advances we have to learn new techniques. No one's life or safety is in danger if this machine is properly treated. End-of-story.

Happened twice to me. Both times I jumped on the bike started it up, and tried to ride right off, almost fell over.

Now I start it, put on my gear and ride, has not happened again...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

I let it warm up for about 5 min. Took off, no hesitation. Hope that's it. Thanks for everyones response.

It's more of a "flat spot" when it's cold. I have it too. If I don't have time to wait for it to warm up to the C then I just shift early til it's warm. It's never happened to me outside of my neighborhood, but it is annoying when I forget and it just won't go for a second.

This is the first EFI engine I have encountered with a high idle start. I just let it run 'till it's off the high idle and have not experienced the hesitation/stall effect.