Helibars

Thread: Helibars

Helibars

I think I may be ready to buy the Helibars.

I have a few questions:

How far will they raise me up and back?
    Can I use them with the Kuryakyn risers?
    Should I do the heated grips at the same time?
    Would there be any problems with the Auzie Cruise?
    How difficult are they to install myself?
    Where should I buy them?
    Do you have any other advice?

Steve

Hey Steven;

Here's one thread about the bars. You may also place Helibar in the search engine. Sure a few threads will appear.

Hope this helps.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...light=Helibars
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

WP_20151215_16_03_06_Pro.jpg
    I purchased mine in December from http://wingstuff.com/motorcycles_for...tail.php?id=19 and got $200 off the purchase price during a Christmas sale. I have the heated grips. I had mine installed because I don't have the tools or the room to get it accomplished. I would say you won't need additional risers the with bars installed. Visit their sight at https://www.helibars.com/ and you will be able to down load the install instructions it is an involved process. I love the flexibility and amount of adjustment.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    How difficult are they to install myself?
    Steve
    Steve--I'll address this question. IMO, the only part of the installation that requires a bit of patience is removing the left side heated grip. For that, a special tool is supplied that makes that safer and easier. Without that tool, there would be a greater risk of damaging the heating element. Other than that, expect to spend a fair amount of time adjusting the bars to your personal preferences. For the DIY'er, rarely will you find a better set of installation instructions so, if you follow that and take it step-by-step, it's not a difficult job at all.
    Ken (Hornblower)

So if I plan on adding heated grips now would be the time while installing the Helibars. Do you guys recommend the Honda OEM heated grips or aftermarket>

I have had no problems with the oem heated grips. I purchased the bike new and the grips were on the bike, they do have three settings and I have only used the medium. Keep us in the loop on how they work for you and above all enjoy.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!